Hendersonville @ Giles County

Can the Commandos overcome and correct the many mistakes they made last week in an embarrassing opener vs. Oakland? They face off against a very solid team in Giles County who is coming off of a big win over Lincoln County 38-14.. Hendersonville is young in many positions but will have to mature very quickly if they want to have a successful season. I will save my prediction for Friday.

8 minutes ago, wave88 said:

You guys picked up a travel game.  I see y’all bouncing back this week.  Oakland will beat many teams like they did y’all.  Put it behind you.

Oakland beat Maryville 38-0 and Whitehaven 37-0 last year in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs.... In recent years they have beaten playoff teams like Lebanon, Independence, Cookeville, Rossview etc. by +40 during the season without breaking a sweat.

So yeah I wouldn't chalk up my entire season because of a big loss to them with a young team the first week of the season.

By the way I believe I seen earlier that Oakland is now ranked nationally?

2 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

Oakland beat Maryville 38-0 and Whitehaven 37-0 last year in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs.... In recent years they have beaten playoff teams like Lebanon, Independence, Cookeville, Rossview etc. by +40 during the season without breaking a sweat.

So yeah I wouldn't chalk up my entire season because of a big loss to them with a young team the first week of the season.

By the way I believe I seen earlier that Oakland is now ranked nationally?

As high as #48 in one poll. I believe unapproved website has them just inside the top 100

For the first time since the early 2000's I don't have a child at GCHS, so all I can offer is travel and restaurant  advice. Leave early beat the Nashville traffic come down to exit 14, try Nicks Grill or Sarges steak house. Better yet come on into town and you can find a number of excellent places to eat.

I have no idea what GC has other than reading the box score from last week.  I do know they will be well prepared and in good shape.  Good luck to all. GO CATS!!!

• Thanks 1