SOUTH GREENE AT COCKE COUNTY

GCFB

On 9/1/2019 at 12:17 AM, GCFB said:

I'm not saying the SG coaches are bad coaches, and I for sure never compared them to any previous coaches. I'm only saying that every chain has a weekest link, and that compared to the other top teams in region 1-2A SG's weakest link might be on the side line. To try an reiterate what in saying before somebody gets there feelings hurt! Is that just like it is okay to say one teams QB might be better than another teams or one teams D- line might be better than another teams. It is also okay to say one teams coaching staff might be better than another teams

coach verran is a good coach.  it just proves the talent was there and needed to be pushed.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year CC had their way with Rebs. I don’t see that happening in round 2.  

Rebels are showing a lot more intensity this year and looked to be a more mature football team and definitely have the physicality and talent.  After Watching the Unicoi and Cloudland game you can see these guys coming together like a band of brothers.  I had mentioned in another post after the 1st game against Unicoi, this years Rebel team does have the potential to make a great run.  They have the talent, size, speed, and grit!   If they can stay healthy and get better at defending the pass who knows what their potential could be this year.  Maybe I am going for the ceiling here, but I believe this could be one of best teams to come out of Rebel Hill if they keep the focus and the coaching staff keeps pushing them to their full potential.  Right now they got that hungry look in their eyes, and i’d Like to see them keep it.

That little ole 2A school SG 28

That big ole 5A school CC 21

Edited by Romansfive8

3 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Last year #### County had their way with Rebs. I don’t see that happening this time.  

Rebels are showing a lot more intensity this year and looked to be a more mature football team and definitely have the physicality and talent.  After Watching the Unicoi and Cloudland game you can see these guys coming together like a band of brother.  I had mentioned in another post after the 1st game against Unicoi, this years Rebel team does have the potential to make a great run.  They have the talent, size, speed, and grit!   If they can stay healthy and get better at defending the pass who knows what their potential could be this year.  Maybe I am going for the ceiling here, but I believe this could be one of best teams to come out of Rebel Hill if they Keep focused, and the coaching staff keeps pushing them to their full potential.  Right now they got that hungry look in their eyes, and i’d Like to see them keep it.

That little ole 2A school SG 28

That big ole 5A school CC 21

I've heard that CC isn't quite as good as last year but that hardly matters to us in 2A. SG wins this game or even keeps it within 7 then they are the front-runners in conference no doubt . 

51 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I've heard that CC isn't quite as good as last year but that hardly matters to us in 2A. SG wins this game or even keeps it within 7 then they are the front-runners in conference no doubt . 

CC had a huge amount of grads from last years team but still has RB #24 that killed us last yr. they have a transfer from Knox catholic who plays DE/TE and already signed with a smaller college in Michigan. He’s about 6’4 240. They have good size in the trenches as well. We will have our work cut out for us for sure.  

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

A win here should put you in the top 10. It will probably knock us down to 15th lol that's how it's worked out so far, but 2A competing with a 5A isnt easy. We got that task next week ourselves. Good luck SG folks.

Thanks yeti. It’s a tough task but we’re gonna give it all we got! Not too concerned about top ten stuff.  Can get in a players head. Still gotta show up to play the games. I remember a while back we had a girls basketball team ranked 5th in the nation and got put out of state semis by some team named Meigs county. 

Just now, RebRebReb said:

Thanks yeti. It’s a tough task but we’re gonna give it all we got! Not too concerned about top ten stuff.  Can get in a players head. Still gotta show up to play the games. I remember a while back we had a girls basketball team ranked 5th in the nation and got put out of state semis by some team named Meigs county. 

That's gotta hurt. I dont care about those polls either albeit a fun discussion topic. Although today we dropped again after our last win. I think we been doing it wrong! :roflol:

27 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

That's gotta hurt. I dont care about those polls either albeit a fun discussion topic. Although today we dropped again after our last win. I think we been doing it wrong! :roflol:

That is the beauty of HS football, polls are meaningless. It all comes out in the giant washing machine called the PLAYOFFS.