Cordova at South Panola

kwc

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, kwc said:

Alright @PackOfWolves, how do you feel about the one?

Well I feel good about it. We got complacent in last weeks game, coupled with a little home cooking. The kids have to learn to put their foot on their neck. Coach was disappointed we didn’t score 42. Left a lot of plays out there. Too many penalties and mistakes (muffed punt, bust a coverage on last play of half, etc). Anyway, South Panola looks to be the most physical team we have faced. Not a difficult offense. Have to be solid from start to finish. Offensively, have to open it up. Have playmakers to get the ball to. Coach feels he got too conservative last week as well. Only threw the ball 7 times. Need more balance. This will tell a lot about where the team is.

6 hours ago, PackOfWolves said:

Well I feel good about it. We got complacent in last weeks game, coupled with a little home cooking. The kids have to learn to put their foot on their neck. Coach was disappointed we didn’t score 42. Left a lot of plays out there. Too many penalties and mistakes (muffed punt, bust a coverage on last play of half, etc). Anyway, South Panola looks to be the most physical team we have faced. Not a difficult offense. Have to be solid from start to finish. Offensively, have to open it up. Have playmakers to get the ball to. Coach feels he got too conservative last week as well. Only threw the ball 7 times. Need more balance. This will tell a lot about where the team is.

Man, thanks for the response.

So, coach doesn't have be concerned about complacency in this game I would guess. If you can't get up for the University of South Panola, someone needs to check your pulse.

Putting the foot on the neck is an internal issue. Disappointed that y'all didn't score 42? Ok.

It's the 2nd game of the season, mental mistakes will happen with teenagers.

I kinda think USP is like NLR. Big, solid, and simple. They are just going to bludgeon you all night if possible. If you can't get physical with them, then it will be a long night.

Wimberly and conservative doesn't go in the same sentence. Only 7 pass plays. That's conservative. However, you have to take what the defense gives. It may not have been dictated by him, but the situation.

1 hour ago, Fballfan1978 said:

If South Panola is anything like those 2000s teams, i might have to go SP.

I don't know. I know they are good though. How good? Let's check w/Max.

According to Max, they were 11-1 in 2015, 7-6 in 2016, 9-4 In 2017, 7-6 in 2018. They are currently 2-0. However, they are nothing to sneeze at and most importantly, they are NEXT on Cordova's schedule.