Mount Juliet @ Lebanon

thegreatone36

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MJ very assertive and dominate on D in a 24-7 victory over Lebanon. Take away about 60 garbage time yards in the last 3 mins of the 4th and that’s how many yards the MJ D allowed. Our offense has got a lot of work to do, our Qb is turnover prone and arid with his throwing ability. Overall it was good bounce back game to prove we can still contend even with losing so many starters from last year. Go Bears!

On 9/5/2019 at 9:33 AM, firstandgoal said:

Obviously pulling for the Blue Devils but I’ll believe they beat MJ when I see it. Hopefully not as many mistakes as the Gallatin game. 

Well no surprise here. Lebanon fell behind early and everybody knows how one dimensional they are offensively. They are what they are and not much they can do about it. Just not much ability in the passing game. 

What is frustrating though is how undisciplined Lebanon has been so far this season. 10+ penalties vs both Gallatin and MJ and most of them dead ball penalties. Good teams don’t need any help and Lebanon is nowhere near good enough to overcome that. 

After 3 games it looks to me like Lebanon has definitely taken a step back this season. The bottom of the region is so poor that I think Lebanon will still qualify for the playoffs as the 4 or possibly 3 seed but that means another trip to Oakland, Blackman, or Riverdale and a running clock in round one of the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

MJ very assertive and dominate on D in a 24-7 victory over Lebanon. Take away about 60 garbage time yards in the last 3 mins of the 4th and that’s how many yards the MJ D allowed. Our offense has got a lot of work to do, our Qb is turnover prone and arid with his throwing ability. Overall it was good bounce back game to prove we can still contend even with losing so many starters from last year. Go Bears!

It was an ugly football game from an offensive standpoint. Mt. Juliet's offense was pretty much #3 Bowen. He probably had half of their offense in receiving yards. Whenever they got away from him they really had little to show for it.

It will be a good game when they play Gallatin (next week?).

1 hour ago, firstandgoal said:

Well no surprise here. Lebanon fell behind early and everybody knows how one dimensional they are offensively. They are what they are and not much they can do about it. Just not much ability in the passing game. 

What is frustrating though is how undisciplined Lebanon has been so far this season. 10+ penalties vs both Gallatin and MJ and most of them dead ball penalties. Good teams don’t need any help and Lebanon is nowhere near good enough to overcome that. 

After 3 games it looks to me like Lebanon has definitely taken a step back this season. The bottom of the region is so poor that I think Lebanon will still qualify for the playoffs as the 4 or possibly 3 seed but that means another trip to Oakland, Blackman, or Riverdale and a running clock in round one of the playoffs. 

I said it before the season that I thought they would struggle offensively. And that has been the case. Unless they can just line up and run right at somebody then they will struggle to score points.

I would think that Lebanon finishes 3rd in the region with a 6-4/5-5 record. But with how they play offensively there will be a chance that they lose to somebody they should beat if they get behind early.

Next week against Lavergne is a good example as they have athletes and can move the ball. But that is a game that Lebanon should win going away.

39 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

It was an ugly football game from an offensive standpoint. Mt. Juliet's offense was pretty much #3 Bowen. He probably had half of their offense in receiving yards. Whenever they got away from him they really had little to show for it.

It will be a good game when they play Gallatin (next week?).

I said it before the season that I thought they would struggle offensively. And that has been the case. Unless they can just line up and run right at somebody then they will struggle to score points.

I would think that Lebanon finishes 3rd in the region with a 6-4/5-5 record. But with how they play offensively there will be a chance that they lose to somebody they should beat if they get behind early.

Next week against Lavergne is a good example as they have athletes and can move the ball. But that is a game that Lebanon should win going away.

Wrong, #2 Conlin Baggot would be our next go to guy.... had a 44 yard td against Sc and a 23 yard rush Td against Lebanon, also a long run called back by a holding call. Either way we have the skill out there, but the QB needs to figure out how to throw consistently and the O coordinator needs to figure out something more consistent. We have an Oline that averages 6’2. Make it work.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

7 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Wrong, #2 Conlin Baggot would be our next go to guy.... had a 44 yard td against Sc and a 23 yard rush Td against Lebanon, also a long run called back by a holding call. Either way we have the skill out there, but the QB needs to figure out how to throw consistently and the O coordinator needs to figure out something more consistent. We have an Oline that averages 6’2. Make it work.

So how many yards did he have last night, 23?

The only player for Mt. Juliet I seen put up any significant yardage was #3.

How many yards did they have as a team and how many did #3 have?