TSSAA, Does Tennessee Athletics Deserve Better

OLD PIRATE

18 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

Yeah that's a big issue to me. Two years ago riverside got beat by Greenville in the 2A baseball state championship. In the fall Greenville won the 4a football championship. Riverside is 2a In Football too.  Numbers doesn't make sense there

Obvious there does not appear to be a legitimate reason or valid explanation!

12 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

What would you suggest for the classification cutoffs?

Something like 1A 0-360, 2A 361-800, 3A 801-1400 and 4A +1401

That is very reasonable. 1A schools with enrollments of 100 or less cannot compete with schools with 400. Might have to cut the number of playoff teams in 1A but it would be more fair for small 1a schools.

11 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Lol think about you just said.  so basically screw every classification but 1a. I guess that makes sense to you. 

Every classification but 1a the low enrollment schools would have to deal with schools twice their size. That seems real fair doesn’t it ?  

Not saying that but there has to be a fair system for all involved. 1A schools tend to get the shaft when it comes to classification.

11 hours ago, Tide21 said:

Lol think about you just said.  so basically screw every classification but 1a. I guess that makes sense to you. 

Every classification but 1a the low enrollment schools would have to deal with schools twice their size. That seems real fair doesn’t it ?  

Small 1A schools deal with schools 3 times there enrollment but nobody cares about that. There has to be a fair system for all. What that is I don't know.

5 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Not saying that but there has to be a fair system for all involved. 1A schools tend to get the shaft when it comes to classification.

None of the classification in your example would be fair except 1a. So Peabody with 370 would have to go up against schools with 800 students yeah that’s fair.  I think it’s as fair as it can be classification wise the way it is. You might could go to 5 classifications but not 4. 

Just now, Tide21 said:

None of the classification in your example would be fair except 1a. So Peabody with 370 would have to go up against schools with 800 students yeah that’s fair.  I think it’s as fair as it can be classification wise the way it is. You might could go to 5 classifications but not 4. 

Maybe 5 is the answer. I am just tired of the small schools Peabody included getting the shaft every classification. If they have to limit the number of schools in each class that make the playoffs so be it. Look at the larger classification there numbers are a whole lot closer than 3 to 1 or 4 to 1.