Baylor at Ensworth

Spartan4Life

2 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

I’m going to make a prediction with my rose colored glasses. 

Baylor 21 Ensworth 17 

wouldnt expect nuthin else from Boogers favorite Haslam School of Knoxville Alumni turned Suk Creek Red Raider.....one thing for sure....if Spartys new team lucks up and pulls the upset.....Sparty will b the only one this thread w/out a pie face full of shoe leather.....

.....but

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Just now, Spartan4Life said:

Corn was on another level and I think he only weighed about 165. 

Yeah he drove me crazy - they owned BA back then. He was fun to watch. I always thought  BA had more talent and would beat them but he ran all over them behind that huge offensive line they had.

They  had a few good ones even going back to the beginning of that school. Im not sure there has been a better team in D2 than the 2012 ( I believe ) Ensworth team.

29 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

Howard is faster than Ty was but Ty was a little bit more physical and yes a 100% runningback. Elijah will play in the secondary on the next level. 

Ty was more of a straight line bruiser - very fast though. Played way back off the line so had a head of steam when he  hit the hole.

i believe the kid at Baylor is pushing 10.5 ish 100. Cj Sanders was 10.6 ish when he was at BA. Ty 10.8 all fast 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

Yeah he drove me crazy - they owned BA back then. He was fun to watch. I always thought  BA had more talent and would beat them but he ran all over them behind that huge offensive line they had.

They  had a few good ones even going back to the beginning of that school. Im not sure there has been a better team in D2 than the 2012 ( I believe ) Ensworth team.

best money could buy at that time....people forget Darkwa was out there with corn bout the same time

1 hour ago, Booger said:

thinkin he went to that other bama school over on the east plains.....one built on a pig farm......but dont nose if he ever played

Yeah you are right. Not to get off track but...

The Whitehaven offense reminded me at times of those old Ensworth teams. I like the under center QB and they were very fluid / not many mistakes except a few receivers down field. They just looked so efficient running that offense.

If they keep the foot on the gas and keep improving they could be scary good by end of the year — not that they are not now. That first half they looked as good as anyone I have seen play at BA in a long time.

i was a bit surprised BA had as much success as they did against that defense but that shows that BA can go toe to toe with anyone in my mind.

I thought McCallie played well here but I have never been a fan of the option or those types of offenses. I think BA will adjust to it or a team like Ensworth who can match their D speed against the O speed of McCallie may neutralize some of that.. but it also seems McCallie can throw this year as well - so they are a dangerous group to deal with.

i think Ensworth wins this game against Baylor but maybe Spartan sees something - we shall see  D2 is exciting this year for the first time in a while - many good teams have a shot _ MBA is down unfortunately but I never count them  as an easy out for anyone - not even now. 

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

6 minutes ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

Yeah you are right. Not to get off track but...

The Whitehaven offense reminded me at times of those old Ensworth teams. I like the under center QB and they were very fluid / not many mistakes except a few receivers down field. They just looked so efficient running that offense.

If they keep the foot on the gas and keep improving they could be scary good by end of the year — not that they are not now. That first half they looked as good as anyone I have seen play at BA in a long time.

i was a bit surprised BA had as much success as they did against that defense but that shows that BA can go toe to toe with anyone in my mind.

I thought McCallie played well here but I have never been a fan of the option or those types of offenses. I think BA will adjust to it or a team like Ensworth who can match their D speed against the O speed of McCallie may neutralize some of that.. but it also seems McCallie can throw this year as well - so they are a dangerous group to deal with.

i think Ensworth wins this game against Baylor but maybe Spartan sees something - we shall see 

Booger can tell u for a fact that Sparty sees sumthin......the back side of them red colored goggles...

Booger just sayin giphy.gif