Anderson County Mavericks vs Howard Hustlin Tigers

Mavericksinflight

28 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

No doubt it was a huge upset that no one saw coming. No grudge over here just stating that we don't have a great coaching staff, we have a ok coaching staff. Great coaches learn from mistakes of the past, th games that I have seen thus far are still lingering around. But I guess I see the game from a different perspective than most. I think that the Mavs can for sure win the state this year but we need to put the kids in the right positions and have the right play calling also. Hope they can get it done, guess we will have to wait and see.

I agree. And it will take the right execution of play calling but we will have to have a defense unlike last year butt kicking the 1st half from Greeneville on defense and I seen the defense step up Friday night except we still were a trick play away and an onside kick recovery from losing. So while we have one of the most high powered offense in the state and have had we have to have a fairly good defense too. But like always our defensive players are our offense players many times. But at the moment I am proud of defense and as always the offense scores regardless. The Mavs are pacing there selves more eating more clock but they can't be too conservative either. So from my couch left handed QB lol I am happy for the moment. But we will have to be ready for Howard and I am confident the Mavs will be. 

No hard feeling just I am sometimes a little too positive and need a little reality sometimes. :)

Edited by Mavericksinflight

20 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I agree. And it will take the right execution of play calling but we will have to have a defense unlike last year butt kicking the 1st half from Greeneville on defense and I seen the defense step up Friday night except we still were a trick play away and an onside kick recovery from losing. So while we have one of the most high powered offense in the state and have had we have to have a fairly good defense too. But like always our defensive players are our offense players many times. But at the moment I am proud of defense and as always the offense scores regardless. The Mavs are pacing there selves more eating more clock but they can't be too conservative either. So from my couch left handed QB lol I am happy for the moment. But we will have to be ready for Howard and I am confident the Mavs will be. 

No hard feeling just I am sometimes a little too positive and need a little reality sometimes. :)

Defense is playing great ball so I don’t understand the pacing yourself on offense you have kids that can take it the distance from just about anywhere on the field. Beat teams into submission, because let’s me honest everyone else is going to try to it to us. Look at Powell for instance after they had taken the lead and had the game won what did they do? Kick it onside and try to recover and score again. Our coaches don’t have that take your heart mentality. If you ain’t first your last.

2 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

Defense is playing great ball so I don’t understand the pacing yourself on offense you have kids that can take it the distance from just about anywhere on the field. Beat teams into submission, because let’s me honest everyone else is going to try to it to us. Look at Powell for instance after they had taken the lead and had the game won what did they do? Kick it onside and try to recover and score again. Our coaches don’t have that take your heart mentality. If you ain’t first your last.

Well to be honest we should not have to score 36 point against a #4 in state 5A team Powell and lose. That would have to be in my opinion a defense letdown although I was still happy our defense played well. 36 points should win any game if the defense is even fairly good. But really these guys play both sides and the coaches many times apparently have proven over the years to be good. If you go back the upsets one after another over time. And if you take Greeneville out of the picture our coaches would have without a doubt two state championships. So not sure where you can go with that argument. I would be willing to agree just can't see that. 

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well to be honest we should not have to score 36 point against a #4 in state 5A team Powell and lose. That would have to be in my opinion a defense letdown although I was still happy our defense played well. 36 points should win any game if the defense is even fairly good. But really these guys play both sides and the coaches many times apparently have proven over the years to be good. If you go back the upsets one after another over time. And if you take Greeneville out of the picture our coaches would have without a doubt two state championships. So not sure where you can go with that argument. I would be willing to agree just can't see that. 

Why take Greeneville out the equation? We didn’t beat them. Should find a way to finish no excuses. 

7 minutes ago, Longhorn72 said:

The coaches got to get a kick out of reading what little Johnny parents say on coach t. But I will say this is a good place to go let some frustration out  without no one knowing who you are.    lol 

OK that's it I am tired of this guy. Some body tell Davey to put little Johnny in. 

5 hours ago, Longhorn72 said:

I seen this before everyone wants to be the star and can be cancer to a team. Coaches know what they are doing I’m sure. What I think maybe that’s why he is so good at corner because he is fresh and still get touches on offense.  AC offense is doing great scoring points / winning. 

This is true. He made some long run saving tackles. Thank God he was fresh. And I am sure he will be in on the right play when it counts on offense too. Mavs would not hold anyone back that can do the job. I just wanted to compliment #10 as I should have many other players too. Apparently we have the right players playing the right places at the right time on Friday because the score and game turned out so right. And you wonder how that worked out. 

26 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

This is true. He made some long run saving tackles. Thank God he was fresh. And I am sure he will be in on the right play when it counts on offense too. Mavs would not hold anyone back that can do the job. I just wanted to compliment #10 as I should have many other players too. Apparently we have the right players playing the right places at the right time on Friday because the score and game turned out so right. And you wonder how that worked out

When your at the game give updates or MAV man2020 can... 

Just now, Longhorn72 said:

So if no one has a kid on a team and they take time out of the day to comment about how bad the coaches are and about a certain kid that is not getting the right amount of touches is pretty sad....lol

Hey so Longhorn have you been following my post at all.... I have been the only one standing up for some of the best coaches in the state....?