Anderson County Mavericks vs Howard Hustlin Tigers

Mavericksinflight

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Mavs #10 Thomas was awesome. So many quality players played so well in SD game its hard to name them. But watching this guy he has talent and I am pretty sure we will see more of him against Howard. Good Job Cam! 

He has been nothing but consistent  since he has been there, plays lights out on defense, but he is just as if not more dynamic as an offensive player. Hopefully the coaches figure that out and use him more.

Edited by MavsMan2020
mispelling
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Longhorn72 said:

I seen this before everyone wants to be the star and can be cancer to a team. Coaches know what they are doing I’m sure. What I think maybe that’s why he is so good at corner because he is fresh and still get touches on offense.  AC offense is doing great scoring points / winning. 

This kid is no cancer by any means, he is the most quiet and polite kids there is. But I thought you put the ball in your playmakers  hands. The games I have seen the few times they give him the ball something special happens. Good coaches find a way to get good players the ball.

• Upvote 1

Howard will more than likely be bigger across the board than AC and more athletic. For anyone wondering if they can hold this years Tyner Team in check with all those studs they can sure hold AC in check considering that AC lost about 80% of their offense from last year to graduation.  AC best chance this year will be to continue to play sound and play within the system that has been installed by their great coaching staff.  The biggest concern for Howard this week is not AC its within their own heads!!! The let down factor after maybe one of the biggest wins in school history has a tendency to take its toll on you the following week as we have all seen from past big games.  Howard in a close one. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Headhunter42 said:

Howard will more than likely be bigger across the board than AC and more athletic. For anyone wondering if they can hold this years Tyner Team in check with all those studs they can sure hold AC in check considering that AC lost about 80% of their offense from last year to graduation.  AC best chance this year will be to continue to play sound and play within the system that has been installed by their great coaching staff.  The biggest concern for Howard this week is not AC its within their own heads!!! The let down factor after maybe one of the biggest wins in school history has a tendency to take its toll on you the following week as we have all seen from past big games.  Howard in a close one. 

Great coaching staff might be a bit of a stretch. AC has way too many playmakers on this team. That great coaching staff choked in the Powell game, a game in which they should have won. Should be a good one Friday though.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

This kid is no cancer by any means, he is the most quiet and polite kids there is. But I thought you put the ball in your playmakers  hands. The games I have seen the few times they give him the ball something special happens. Good coaches find a way to get good players the ball.

Didn’t mean to make it sound like he is a cancer most of the time it’s the parents wanting there kids to do everything.  But I don’t think they need anyone to be the main focuses on offense. AC has plenty of playmakers let’s see #17, 6, 34, 2,10, 14, 18, 30, 25, 15, 26, 11. All can put up huge numbers. He is a great corner and does good things when he is called on offense along with all the others kids. If I was a coach I would keep him fresh for defense along with others. Defense wins championships!

4 minutes ago, Longhorn72 said:

Didn’t mean to make it sound like he is a cancer most of the time it’s the parents wanting there kids to do everything.  But I don’t think they need anyone to be the main focuses on offense. AC has plenty of playmakers let’s see #17, 6, 34, 2,10, 14, 18, 30, 25, 15, 26, 11. All can put up huge numbers. He is a great corner and does good things when he is called on offense along with all the others kids. If I was a coach I would keep him fresh for defense along with others. Defense wins championships!

I couldn't agree more defense does win championships, and I wasn't singling out any one player, I was just stating that Great Coaches see the mismatches and exploit them no matter which player it is. I been to alot of AC games and constantly see linebacker checking #10 and they go and force it to a player that is double covered. They always have kids running wide open but target one player no matter what. Great Coaches don't allow this to happen

17 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

I couldn't agree more defense does win championships, and I wasn't singling out any one player, I was just stating that Great Coaches see the mismatches and exploit them no matter which player it is. I been to alot of AC games and constantly see linebacker checking #10 and they go and force it to a player that is double covered. They always have kids running wide open but target one player no matter what. Great Coaches don't allow 

Let’s just get along....lol

Edited by MAVERICK1995
  • Upvote 1