Anderson County Mavericks vs Howard Hustlin Tigers

Mavericksinflight

47 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

Great coaching staff might be a bit of a stretch. AC has way too many playmakers on this team. That great coaching staff choked in the Powell game, a game in which they should have won. Should be a good one Friday though.

They tend to choke when playing certain teams it seems 

1 hour ago, Longhorn72 said:

I seen this before everyone wants to be the star and can be cancer to a team. Coaches know what they are doing I’m sure. What I think maybe that’s why he is so good at corner because he is fresh and still get touches on offense.  AC offense is doing great scoring points / winning. 

I agree. The coaching staff shows as one of the states best. I will leave it to them. Seems to be doing darn good. The Powell game was I believe we went just too quick and ran out of steam. We paced in the SD. Conditioning is getting much better for the long haul. And to be honest I really want to see a team beat Powell as they are loaded. We are growing learning and still winning. We will have to ready for Howard as they will give the Mavericks a somewhat different look but we should be fine by taking the sail out early.... 

8 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I agree. The coaching staff shows as one of the states best. I will leave it to them. Seems to be doing darn good. The Powell game was I believe we went just too quick and ran out of steam. We paced in the SD. Conditioning is getting much better for the long haul. And to be honest I really want to see a team beat Powell as they are loaded. We are growing learning and still winning. We will have to ready for Howard as they will give the Mavericks a somewhat different look but we should be fine by taking the sail out early.... 

Well don't know about one of the states best, AC had a chance to go up by three scores right before the half, but opted to go the safe route. Great coaches smell blood in the water and go for the kill. Not AC

22 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Great coaches dont blow 21-0 leads lol

Edited by Devilsx5

40 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

Agreed, lol great coaching staffs don't choke though. AC coaching  decent coaching staff not great coaching staff. The OC can't make the right calls when the game gets tight. The DC is really the only coach on the staff worth anything.

Wow, this is what I’m talking about parents or family members of little Johnny being Cancer to a team. Hearing parents or whoever putting down coaches ..........unbelievable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MavsMan2020 said:

Well don't know about one of the states best, AC had a chance to go up by three scores right before the half, but opted to go the safe route. Great coaches smell blood in the water and go for the kill. Not AC

Well I guess that's why we aren't coaching after all. It's hard to please all the people all the time. Apparently we should not have beat SD underdog 19 points. And yeah we should have beat Powell. We should be undefeated but so should SD. So I will put my money on the Mav coaching and just like any high school football team they make mistakes but when they win you will typically not hear the Great Coaching and I get that as I do the same thing. It's human nature to want perfection and I am the worst.. Lol

42 minutes ago, Longhorn72 said:

Wow, this is what I’m talking about parents or family members of little Johnny being Cancer to a team. Hearing parents or whoever putting down coaches ..........unbelievable!

I am bewildered and dumbfounded.... Hearing this from the Devils is one thing but a fan.... This came out of no where. Or.. Did it. 

11 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am bewildered and dumbfounded.... Hearing this from the Devils is one thing but a fan.... This came out of no where. Or.. Did it. 

So fans can't be critical? Fans can't call it how they see it? still want the nothing but the best for the boys, I just don't agree that AC has a great staff like it was stated in an earlier post. sorry not sorry.

8 minutes ago, MavsMan2020 said:

So fans can't be critical? Fans can't call it how they see it? still want the nothing but the best for the boys, I just don't agree that AC has a great staff like it was stated in an earlier post. sorry not sorry.

No don't get me wrong constructive Criticism is very healthy and I am that way many times however coming off the biggest upset in the state of Tennessee has caught me wondering. I would being a fan be naturally happy rather than unhappy for this week. This would not be a time I would bring up coaching unless I had grudge or upset that they are winning. I was concerned after the Powell game but this week I seen an upset. I seen corrections made I seen conditioning. I seen the Mavs play and beat a top 10 in state 5 A team. I have seen the Mavs can play with any team and they are growing up quickly. So not sure anyone else would want them to accomplish in one week... 

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No don't get me wrong constructive Criticism is very healthy and I am that way many times however coming off the biggest upset in the state of Tennessee has caught me wondering. I would being a fan be naturally happy rather than unhappy for this week. This would not be a time I would bring up coaching unless I had grudge or upset that they are winning. I was concerned after the Powell game but this week I seen an upset. I seen corrections made I seen conditioning. I seen the Mavs play and beat a top 10 in state 5 A team. I have seen the Mavs can play with any team and they are growing up quickly. So not sure anyone else would want them to accomplish in one week... 

No doubt it was a huge upset that no one saw coming. No grudge over here just stating that we don't have a great coaching staff, we have a ok coaching staff. Great coaches learn from mistakes of the past, th games that I have seen thus far are still lingering around. But I guess I see the game from a different perspective than most. I think that the Mavs can for sure win the state this year but we need to put the kids in the right positions and have the right play calling also. Hope they can get it done, guess we will have to wait and see.