Anderson County Mavericks vs Howard Hustlin Tigers

Mavericksinflight

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah did not comment but thought that was a little unorthodox however I have seen teams pull games out in Spite of there type play. Who knows. I hope we can adjust to this. :) I do know Elizabethtown had a time last year with Howard. 

I am assuming AC played Howard last year?  How many returning starters does Howard have?

Howard Hustling Tigers
City- Chattanooga
County- Hamilton
Enrollment- 960
Last Season’s Record- 5-5
Region- 2-4A
Head Coach- John Starr (141-118 overall, 13-18 in three years at Howard)
Offensive Coordinator- John Starr
Defensive Coordinator- Deatrick Maffett
Offense- Wing T
Defense- 4-3
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 13 (6 Off/7 Def)
Last Playoff Appearance- 2016
Key Returnees- Eric Johnson (LB, Sr.), Davontay Smith (RB, Sr.), Willie Owens (TE, Jr.), Tremontay Brooks (RB, Sr.), Jaquel Wooten (DL, Sr.),
Key Losses- Tawun Billups (RB/LB), Quez Williams (QB/DB), Jamal Bragg (OL), Telijah Snow (DE), Javion Robinson (LB), Darrien Kinamore (DB), Desmond Griffin (OL/DL), LeBrian Morris (DE), Deonta McCroskey (OL), Ellis Roberson (DB)
Streak Going Into 2019- one game losing streak

per Tennessee high school football website 

9 minutes ago, Devilsx5 said:

Howard Hustling Tigers
City- Chattanooga
County- Hamilton
Enrollment- 960
Last Season’s Record- 5-5
Region- 2-4A
Head Coach- John Starr (141-118 overall, 13-18 in three years at Howard)
Offensive Coordinator- John Starr
Defensive Coordinator- Deatrick Maffett
Offense- Wing T
Defense- 4-3
Returning Starters on Offense/Defense- 13 (6 Off/7 Def)
Last Playoff Appearance- 2016
Key Returnees- Eric Johnson (LB, Sr.), Davontay Smith (RB, Sr.), Willie Owens (TE, Jr.), Tremontay Brooks (RB, Sr.), Jaquel Wooten (DL, Sr.),
Key Losses- Tawun Billups (RB/LB), Quez Williams (QB/DB), Jamal Bragg (OL), Telijah Snow (DE), Javion Robinson (LB), Darrien Kinamore (DB), Desmond Griffin (OL/DL), LeBrian Morris (DE), Deonta McCroskey (OL), Ellis Roberson (DB)
Streak Going Into 2019- one game losing streak

per Tennessee high school football website 

I like that. Looks promising for the Mavs. 

3 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah did not comment but thought that was a little unorthodox however I have seen teams pull games out in Spite of there type play. Who knows. I hope we can adjust to this. :) I do know Elizabethtown had a time last year with Howard. 

The issue is that AC doesn't have much speed at all. Howard has a lot of speed and when you are that fast it can overcome mistakes. 

13 minutes ago, haweanbula said:

The issue is that AC doesn't have much speed at all. Howard has a lot of speed and when you are that fast it can overcome mistakes. 

Yeah that was exactly my thought. Keep everything in front as the old cliche goes. I can see this happening Mavs defense has been playing good 3 and half qtr with Powell than stepped up most of game with SD. But I apparently gave 21pts to Howard in a 44-21 win for Mavs on my guess. Mavs Deep Kicker will really come in handy in this game and it looks like we will get some good yardage on returns. 

1 hour ago, haweanbula said:

7 turnovers and you only score 29 points? Also how do you commit 7 turnovers?

This game was rescheduled and played on a Saturday at 5pm. Maybe that had something to do with it. 

I don't like making excuses but it was "hot" however both teams suffered because of the heat. 4 fumbles, 3 int.

The only difference was Howard spent halftime inside and Tyner was on the field due to incomplete dressing rooms.

Tyner's "D" controlled the 2nd half and was driving for the go ahead TD when a fumble was picked up and Howard scored.