Marshall Co @ Springfield

Kevin38

17 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Hats off to Marshall Co. Y’all have a good football team

Thanks. It was a good game.despite all the turnovers from both teams. The officiating was horrible. It's not that they were making bad calls, they just didnt know what to do after they made the call. When the offsetting personal fouls happened on the punt, I couldn't understand why they brought the ball all the way to the Springfield 36 yard line and not put the ball where the punt rolled dead. Eventually they got it right but geez, that's basic stuff that the stripes should know.

Edited by leadfarmer

8 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

Thanks. It was a good game.despite all the turnovers from both teams. The officiating was horrible. It's not that they were making bad calls, they just didnt know what to do after they made the call. When the offsetting personal fouls happened on the punt, I couldn't understand why they brought the ball all the way to the Springfield 36 yard line and not put the ball where the punt rolled dead. Eventually they got it right but geez, that's basic stuff that the stripes should know.

That was a strange walk off of penalties 

36 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

I dont think yall played a bad game other than the turnovers.  Remember what I said about two closely matched teams?

You called it. I still think Marshall Co is a couple ticks better anyway. I think we’re kinda like you guys were last year, almost in a rebuilding mode. Can be competitive at times but just need to put it all together. Like I said earlier in the week, our defense didn’t look very good tonight, lots and lots of missed tackles, and the score reflected that. But hey, I call a spade a spade and we just got whipped all around tonight. Good luck  the rest of the way to the Tigers.

• Upvote 1