Class 1A Region 3 Mid-Season Poll

TheRefuter

23 hours ago, TheRefuter said:

I don’t see SP getting to the mercy threshold against the boys in the silver hats. I’ve seen both play and Basin will score touchdowns. I do, however, see the pirates scoring more. They’re just an absolute terror in the box and that’s proving to be one of the biggest weaknesses for the Cougs this year. And I agree that Region 5 has some players, but Basin would run with every team with the exception of Fayetteville and Cornersville. Just out of curiosity, what’s your 1A Top 10? 

Do you really think Basin can play with Sp?

11 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

Do you really think Basin can play with Sp?

Yes. Do I think they can beat them? If they played right now, absolutely not. I truly don’t think the pirates can put a lid on little Grabowski. But I even more so believe that the pirates will eat CB’s defensive box for dinner. Trap and Double Dive will go for 15 yards average and that’s only if we can corral those backs with the secondary. The sweep doesn’t scare me. The biggest threat is between the tackles and that’s where we want it to be as a program. The boys just gotta step up to the plate. Basin is improving every single week, and it’s honestly astonishing. They took their only loss under the chin in NC by one point to one of the better Hayesville teams in recent memory. I watched SP play Sequatchie, and even on Week 1 with an average performance, I could tell they’d be a 10-0, 8-2 team. So I’m not talking out of my behind when I say that there will be no mercy rule. SP wins, but by less than 3 scores. Ask me again on Week 8 or 9.

3 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Yes. Do I think they can beat them? If they played right now, absolutely not. I truly don’t think the pirates can put a lid on little Grabowski. But I even more so believe that the pirates will eat CB’s defensive box for dinner. Trap and Double Dive will go for 15 yards average and that’s only if we can corral those backs with the secondary. The sweep doesn’t scare me. The biggest threat is between the tackles and that’s where we want it to be as a program. The boys just gotta step up to the plate. Basin is improving every single week, and it’s honestly astonishing. They took their only loss under the chin in NC by one point to one of the better Hayesville teams in recent memory. I watched SP play Sequatchie, and even on Week 1 with an average performance, I could tell they’d be a 10-0, 8-2 team. So I’m not talking out of my behind when I say that there will be no mercy rule. SP wins, but by less than 3 scores. Ask me again on Week 8 or 9.

You may be right.  I've not seen Basin play this year but if I were a betting man I would say SP by 35+     there is lots of football to be played and in several weeks we will get a chance to discuss this game.  

13 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Well said Little Grabowski can sling that tater, and our receiving core is pretty dang good. Can’t forget about our hogs up front or our hard nosed running back either.

Edited by TheCommander

23 minutes ago, oneyewilly said:

You may be right.  I've not seen Basin play this year but if I were a betting man I would say SP by 35+     there is lots of football to be played and in several weeks we will get a chance to discuss this game.  

One thing we can be almost 100% certain on is that these teams will play twice this year and it’s the second one that will count. Good luck to you and them boys in black and orange.

35 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Like the enthusiasm, keep it up till SP comes calling! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

Like the enthusiasm, keep it up till SP comes calling! 

Don’t worry, Captain. SP is a good team and a good program. Almost certainly better than CB this year. But you’re a fool if you think Basin is or has ever been intimidated by the Pirates. :roflol:

See you guys in November... twice. 

14 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Don’t worry, Captain. SP is a good team and a good program. Almost certainly better than CB this year. But you’re a fool if you think Basin is or has ever been intimidated by the Pirates. :roflol:

See you guys in November... twice. 

How did you get that from me simply saying, “Like the enthusiasm, keep it up till SP comes calling!” 
Let me try again...nice to see CB doing good, hope they can continue that success until SP comes to visit! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainJackRackam said:

How did you get that from me simply saying, “Like the enthusiasm, keep it up till SP comes calling!” 
Let me try again...nice to see CB doing good, hope they can continue that success until SP comes to visit! 

Apologies, Captain. I guess I read something into it that wasn’t there. Go pirates. 

Just now, TheRefuter said:

Apologies, Captain. I guess I read something into it that wasn’t there. Go pirates. 

No apologies needed...looking forward to our trip over...my other half really enjoyed the little restaurant in town. Can’t remember the name right now but I’m sure she would! Maybe Copper Top...anyways I’m sure if it’s still there we will be having our pre game dinner there! 
 Good luck (at least until SP comes sailing in!) :thumb:

1 hour ago, oneyewilly said:

OEW, Old Pirate a wondering, how in the cat hair can a feller make such a prediction when you even says you ain’t seen CB?