Whitehaven at Cordova

kwc

Whitehaven takes their show on the road for the fourth game in a row. That's right ... four in a row. This week the Tigers of Whitehaven travel into wolf country to play a good Cordova team.

Whitehaven's coming off of a 17-6 road victory over Southaven. Cordova is coming off of a disappointing 14-7 loss to Bartlett that was played at Bartlett.

Who wins? What do you think will happen?

13 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

they have a QB who not a true QB. once da Haven brings that heat he gone get the heck out the kitchen!!! that D is real stingy, I don't see them scoring. we not put up many but we win!!

Agreed. The WH D is really stingy. I was hoping for a donut last week. I'll take one this week, just the same, if we can get it!

We are going to have to put the heat on them. 

A wounded dog is very dangerous. The sub par performance Friday has made a difference in focus. I told you coach has been trying to change the mindset of Cordova. Mediocrity has been acceptable there for a while. Having a winning record in the regular season has been good enough, but Cordova has never beaten Whitehaven (maybe 15 years ago). Coach had to suspend 4 players last week for not following team rules. 2 were starters on D, another was the punter, and the long snapper. We hate to lose, but sometimes losses like the one at Bartlett help drive your point home so much faster. Culture change takes a little time. Takes more than just X’s And O’s to be a winning program. When Saulsberry started at Whitehaven, I don’t believe they were winning 7,8, or 9 games a year. Coach had to do the same thing at East. Said all of that to say this, I believe Friday will be the defining turning point in our program. There will be a much better product on the field this Friday. This will be a very good game between 2 of the top teams in this city. 

18 hours ago, PackOfWolves said:

A wounded dog is very dangerous. The sub par performance Friday has made a difference in focus. I told you coach has been trying to change the mindset of Cordova. Mediocrity has been acceptable there for a while. Having a winning record in the regular season has been good enough, but Cordova has never beaten Whitehaven (maybe 15 years ago). Coach had to suspend 4 players last week for not following team rules. 2 were starters on D, another was the punter, and the long snapper. We hate to lose, but sometimes losses like the one at Bartlett help drive your point home so much faster. Culture change takes a little time. Takes more than just X’s And O’s to be a winning program. When Saulsberry started at Whitehaven, I don’t believe they were winning 7,8, or 9 games a year. Coach had to do the same thing at East. Said all of that to say this, I believe Friday will be the defining turning point in our program. There will be a much better product on the field this Friday. This will be a very good game between 2 of the top teams in this city. 

Pack:

I don't doubt that coach Wimberly has had to do some house cleaning. Folks learn the hard way. You are right, coach Saulsberry had house cleaninng to do as well early on. 

I think Whitehaven has some things to work on as well. I think this will be a hard faught game.

No injuries!

Let's get it on!

Edited by kwc

6 hours ago, kwc said:

Ok, let's look at some data. According to the Shelby Metro Sportsblog website WH is ave 25.4 ppg while CHS is ave 19. WH's 'D' is giving up on ave 6.0 ppg while CHS is giving up on ave 21.4. 

I'm going with an Over/Under of 31, WH by 24.

Well if you look at the data, and you take out the anomaly (Hamilton for Whitehaven and South Panola for Cordova). The data is a little different. WH ave 19.3 ppg and CHS 22.3. WH's D gives up 6.75 ppg while CHS gives up 17 ppg. Don't let the data make you think this is going to be a cake walk. 24 points, I don't think so. CHS by 14. 

6 hours ago, PackOfWolves said:

Well if you look at the data, and you take out the anomaly (Hamilton for Whitehaven and South Panola for Cordova). The data is a little different. WH ave 19.3 ppg and CHS 22.3. WH's D gives up 6.75 ppg while CHS gives up 17 ppg. Don't let the data make you think this is going to be a cake walk. 24 points, I don't think so. CHS by 14. 

Now THAT is a rebuttal analysis if I ever did read one! HA!  Pack of Wolves is pretty convincing, except when he gets besides himself with this CHS by 14. LOL. 

Anyway, I think this is going to be a good one. They always are. I think that Thing 1 and Thing 2 will shut down the Cordova run game. Tamarion Mac and that WH secondary is gonna pick the CH QB a couple of times on those 3rd and longs they are going to keep facing. That WH D is a force of nature.

Man, can't wait till Friday!

Alright Pack, what you got to say to that! 

• CoachT changed the title to Whitehaven at Cordova
2 hours ago, TrenchDawg said:

I think this should be a really good game. I think Cordova has the better of the two offenses, and Whitehaven the better of the two defenses. It will be interesting to see how the pack bounces back from a loss to Bartlett. 

Yeah, but I don't believe that WH is a team that you want to face if you ar trying to 'bounce back'.