Whitehaven at Cordova

kwc

21 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Except nobody in West TN has been able to consistently do it. They've got 2 titles under the belt, so I think their middle school offense works just fine

Whitehaven has been to 4 State Title games... It's nothing wrong with losing to quality opponents... Maryville aka the Red Dragon and Oakland were certainly BOTH quality teams but in BOTH of those loses Whitehaven failed to score an Offensive TD (Unacceptable)... Whitehaven moved beyond being satisfied with beating West TN teams only when we got past Germantown in the playoffs for the first time back in 2009... Gold Balls are what matter and you can't go to Cookeville and leave the Offense in Da Haven.

#RantOver 

On 9/24/2019 at 4:04 AM, PackOfWolves said:

Well if you look at the data, and you take out the anomaly (Hamilton for Whitehaven and South Panola for Cordova). The data is a little different. WH ave 19.3 ppg and CHS 22.3. WH's D gives up 6.75 ppg while CHS gives up 17 ppg. Don't let the data make you think this is going to be a cake walk. 24 points, I don't think so. CHS by 14. 

We're gonna beat your brains out man!

On 9/24/2019 at 1:52 PM, TrenchDawg said:

Correct, which is mind boggling. What you said is the issue though. WEST Tn. According to them they want to be nationally recognized and at minimum the best in the state. That O aint gonna cut it my man. Youre right, 2. With the talent they have amassed over there in recent years it should be many more. 

Our offense is there, the problem is we’re just inconsistent as heck! When our offense is clicking we can beat some of the best teams in the nation. When we not clicking we have no chance beating those really good teams (Maryville's, Oakland’s, BA’s, NLR’s, etc)... Long as we stay healthy and develop some consistency by the time playoffs and those teams come around we’ll be fine. If our offense is clicking we’re gonna kill Cordova. 

I think the O is the area that is underachieving. The D is top notch and it is the best in Memphis in TN HS football. Maybe in the entire state. The O has to sustaiin more drives. That O is designed to eat clock and drive the field. I'm not a scheme guy or whatever. I don't think the offensive game plan is too simple. It's all about execution and consistency, regardless of the type of offense run. I will say this however, the OC has called some nice games against NLR and BA, and even Southaven ... but their execution would break down, for whatever reason. That has to stop. We usually get better in that aspect as the year progressess, usually. We should not go a half, and I don't care who we are playing, and not score a TD. It shouldn't happen to this team. At the least, we should score 1 TD per quarter, against any HS team in America. We should score a minimun of 28 points in any game we play. A minimum! We've proven that we can win by scoring 17 points ... we shouldn't have to win like that though. Heck, I'll settle for 24 points. Three TDs and a FG.

Edited by kwc

4 hours ago, kwc said:

I think the O is the area that is underachieving. The D is top notch and it is the best in Memphis in TN HS football. Maybe in the entire state. The O has to sustaiin more drives. That O is designed to eat clock and drive the field. I'm not a scheme guy or whatever. I don't think the offensive game plan is too simple. It's all about execution and consistency, regardless of the type of offense run. I will say this however, the OC has called some nice games against NLR and BA, and even Southaven ... but their execution would break down, for whatever reason. That has to stop. We usually get better in that aspect as the year progressess, usually. We should not go a half, and I don't care who we are playing, and not score a TD. It shouldn't happen to this team. At the least, we should score 1 TD per quarter, against any HS team in America. We should score a minimun of 28 points in any game we play. A minimum! We've proven that we can win by scoring 17 points ... we shouldn't have to win like that though. Heck, I'll settle for 24 points. Three TDs and a FG.

You're being too kind.

On 9/24/2019 at 1:52 PM, TrenchDawg said:

With the talent they have amassed over there in recent years it should be many more. 

TrenchDawg:

Not you too! Man, folk around here! It's not like the teams WH have faced in the quarters, semis, and championship games weren't loaded with talent as well. Just because coach Saulsberry has a program in place to get the student athletes that play at WH noticed by recruiters doesn't mean they should win a gold ball every year. It does look indicate that they should be in the hunt every year. That is what WH football consistently does.