Whitehaven at Cordova

kwc

On 9/24/2019 at 7:35 AM, TrenchDawg said:

I think Cordova has the better of the two offenses, Whitehaven

I've given this statement some thought and I don't agree with it. I attached the link to each school's schedule to their names above respectively. If anything, they are even, but I don't believe that. Yeah, Cordova scored 41 on Lausanne, but how good is Lausanne's D? Then you throw in the fact that Bartlett held them to one TD. Cordova struggled to score against Central. They beat Germantown by 1 point 21-20. South Planola held them to 13.

According to the Shelby Metro Sportsblog website, through 5 games, WH is averaging 25.4 ppg while Cordova is averaging 19 ppg.

I give the edge offensively to WH.

10 hours ago, kwc said:

What do you attribute to the inconsistency?

Culture. Going through a culture change. So discipline and details are a big thing with this team. When they do it right, it looks good (First half of Germantown; Lausanne) . When they do their own thing, it is bad (South Panola; Bartlett). Focus has been really good this week, so we will see when they jump in the fire.

7 hours ago, kwc said:

I've given this statement some thought and I don't agree with it. I attached the link to each school's schedule to their names above respectively. If anything, they are even, but I don't believe that. Yeah, Cordova scored 41 on Lausanne, but how good is Lausanne's D? Then you throw in the fact that Bartlett held them to one TD. Cordova struggled to score against Central. They beat Germantown by 1 point 21-20. South Planola held them to 13.

According to the Shelby Metro Sportsblog website, through 5 games, WH is averaging 25.4 ppg while Cordova is averaging 19 ppg.

I give the edge offensively to WH.

I agree, they are about even, but we can argue about how good is Hamilton's D. IJS. I think it is going to be a good hard fought game. Much different from the games in recent past. Mentality is changing. Looking forward to tonight.

1 hour ago, PackOfWolves said:

I agree, they are about even, but we can argue about how good is Hamilton's D. IJS. I think it is going to be a good hard fought game. Much different from the games in recent past. Mentality is changing. Looking forward to tonight.

Hamilton and D don't go into the same sentence. Try as they may, they are sorely lacking in that department. Nevertheless, removing that game would drop Whitehaven's average to 19.25 ppg through four games.

17 hours ago, kwc said:

What is your minimum, mind you, against very good competition?

35 ppg, 400 ypg... Unpredictability in play-calling with the explosive, dynamic playmaking and execution.

When you get shut out or dominated offensively, some times it's not on the kids, it's on you not being able to look outside of your box to truly understand what the opponent is doing to you.

3 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

35 ppg, 400 ypg... Unpredictability in play-calling with the explosive, dynamic playmaking and execution.

When you get shut out or dominated offensively, some times it's not on the kids, it's on you not being able to look outside of your box to truly understand what the opponent is doing to you.

I understand the recognize what is being done to you aspect of it all. The box is going to be calling plays your offense can run under pressure, and not something that hasn't been covered in a while. The last thing you need on the field is confusion. However, I get where you are coming from.

Sometimes, the OC has to remember what's been good, and what hasn't been good, and what the other team is allowing.