Kenwood @ Henry County

PatriotNation

58 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Difference is that 2011 had three #99's on the front line. Dunlap, Long and Kendall. And Racer is correct, That secondary would rather knock your head off than get a pick.

I was trying to think of their names but yes those three guys were some kind of special on that defensive line.

52 minutes ago, ParisRiverRat said:

No other year matters other than 2019.  This group will continue to get better and will be a tough out for any team to play in the playoffs.

PatriotNation has to be a kid.  He is not the norm as most of the Henry Co posters are full of Red Pride and respectful to all. Kenwood is improved from the last few years, but I think Henry Co wins a 35-7 type game.  Good luck to all and hope for an injury free game, with 50 years worth of alumni present!

If we end up with only 35 its because coach puts In jv by the 3rd quarter.. Big red at home i can see us getting into the 40s pretty easy.. now i have heard there is a small chance #5 jayln foster may sit this one out or not get much play to keep him healthy and continue to heal that hamstring. So 35 could be right on the money. Either way it should be an easy win ..

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

Difference is that 2011 had three #99's on the front line. Dunlap, Long and Kendall. And Racer is correct, That secondary would rather knock your head off than get a pick.

I wasn't comparing the 11 team to this teams D. Someone said this years D wasnt as good as last years D. Since dyer couty this years team is right on par with last years team. Except we traded last years 1-9 liberty tech magnet for a 3-0 Brentwood  (3-0) when they came to town) left 3-1 HC made a huge defensive stand. All things you probably already know.  Roll red

12 minutes ago, TheNoisyPatriot said:

If we end up with only 35 its because coach puts In jv by the 3rd quarter.. Big red at home i can see us getting into the 40s pretty easy.. now i have heard there is a small chance #5 jayln foster may sit this one out or not get much play to keep him healthy and continue to heal that hamstring. So 35 could be right on the money. Either way it should be an easy win ..

Oakland put 86 on them, and only 56 of that was the starters. HC should get into the 50's

Would be nice to have a night where the reserves got a lot of playing time. Would also like to see them rest 5 and 8 if they can afford to. Would like to see them get the receiving core a little more involved and see what they can do. May need them down the road. I think the Perry kid could wind up being a really good weapon for us.

21 hours ago, westtn1 said:

I don’t think this years defense is as good as last years at this time. Cofield, Rack, Pierpoint, and Kendley are hard to replace.

Those were some great players, but I think it’s pretty close myself. In fact I think we’re better this year on the back end. 

Also agree with river rat as well. It’s a new year, and most indications are that the cream of 5A is better than last year. This group will get the chance to write its own story come playoff time. 

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Those were some great players, but I think it’s pretty close myself. In fact I think we’re better this year on the back end. 

Also agree with river rat as well. It’s a new year, and most indications are that the cream of 5A is better than last year. This group will get the chance to write its own story come playoff time. 

I think this years Defense is at least on the same level as last years. Dyer county last year scored 16. This year scored 14 (according to DC this was the new and improved team to beat HC) Next game: last year a 1-9 liberty tech magnet scored 16. We played Brentwood instead this D played a much harder game and held them to 14... next game clarksville last year scored 14 on the road at patriot stadium.. this year at there own home stadium score 13(basically 14) but anyone at that game know that last touchdown was the most ugly illegitimate touchdown in the history of ever.. the team we play tomorrow scored 8. Let's see if we can keep them to 0 to 8. This year. Not pre-making excuses but I have heard this years kenwood is better than last years kenwood.  Just go ahead and put us down for a W. I'd just like to keep them at 0. Not counting for if jv let's a touchdown go by.. I think jv will get plenty of reps tomorrow night. I'll be there with bells on.... Literally.. like 6.... cow bells

1 hour ago, Yanker said:

This is the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!!!!  This game will be NO CONTEST!!!!!!!  The score shall be.......HC 55 - Kenwood 7,,,,,,,,,,, I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER!!!!!!!  I AM THE ONLY YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!

There ya go. The Yanker has spoken. All speculation over, boys

19 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

There ya go. The Yanker has spoken. All speculation over, boys

1 hour ago, Yanker said:

This is the YEAR OF THE YANKER!!!!!!!  This game will be NO CONTEST!!!!!!!  The score shall be.......HC 55 - Kenwood 7,,,,,,,,,,, I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER!!!!!!!  I AM THE ONLY YANKER YOU WILL EVER KNOW!!!!!!!

55 would be nice and definitely doable if we keep the foot on the gas.  I believe if we can run the score up pretty quick then we will see Jv and hopefully with a running clock.  With maybe a few key states and guys who are banged up a little either sitting out completely or coming out early. To rest up and not risk injury when we have germantown coming g in next week. Either way just put us down for a W