2A - East & West Midseason

RocketHouse

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Only difference seemingly between our 3 teams is our defenses are about the same most likely. We just have the nod at offense. But we just seem to have our offense figured out already for the most part. Last year TC had Baines, Watertown had Price. We still have Swafford this year who is honestly bigger, stronger, and faster seemingly this year. Come playoff time I know both teams will have it going strong.

That gives you'll leg up with the best player in 2A. Right now it's Peabody from the west as favorite and Meigs as the favorite from the east. Especially having a beat player and having the semifinals at home and Tyner, H20 and TC have to go through each other. Just to get to Meigs.

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

That gives you'll leg up with the best player in 2A. Right now it's Peabody from the west as favorite and Meigs as the favorite from the east. Especially having a beat player and having the semifinals at home and Tyner, H20 and TC have to go through each other. Just to get to Meigs.

Honestly just enjoying the ride. These things rarely turn out like people think. It's fun to watch an offense like ours though as you dont see them very often. Not bragging either though, it's uncommon.

Edited by Imthayeti

46 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

The guys from Forrest and maybe Eagleville (not sure) are the only ones who have competed on both the east and west sides in the last four years.  That gives them relevant insight to at least what the competition level was like for them moving through the playoffs.  Individual seasons and even playoff games like the Forrest victories over Tyner and Meigs in Chapel Hill in 2016 are limited in my opinion in speaking to the state of competition today but their opinions deserve respect.  Also, the state championships have gone to the West for several years in a row too and Peabody will be favored to keep that string going.  I'm not sure if Meigs, Watertown, TC, and Tyner are the 2nd - 5th best team in 2A in the state or not.  A lot of the polls, computer rankings indicate they are. 

I would ask fans of region champs in the west and Meigs Co. this - though - want to trade your 2nd round matchups with us at Tyner?  You take Trousdale and we will take whoever you are supposed to face.  Common, lets make a deal.:D

TC doesn't want to deal with Tyner speed at all we would love to trade you'll too give us Forrest . We have scrimmaged Forrest but never played them in a regular game I think it would be fun to play Forrest.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Honestly just enjoying the ride. These things rarely turn out like people think. It's fun to watch an offense like ours though as you dont see them very often. Not bragging either though, it's uncommon.

It was fun watching you'll offense. It's very hard to defend. Meigs offense puts a lot of pressure on the LB’s to defend the middle of the field in the passing game.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Possibly man who knows. It's fun to speculate though.

IV. Tyner vs Peabody

III. Forrest vs Trousdale

II. Waverly vs Meigs

I. Fairley vs Watertown

Given those games you still think it would be evenly matched out of curiosity? I mean anyone's game so to speak? I believe your initial post was the more evenly matched teams or speculated by the powers that be so to speak.  Just curious how you think mine would turn out.

My initial post had what would be the #1 vs 1, #2 vs 2, etc. which also would probably be the most competitive match ups. Forrest vs Trousdale would be my least favorite Forrest vs East match up based on some bad 2017 scrimmage memories.:unsure:  but I would still take that over Peabody. 

I do think Meigs has the easiest path to the semis of anyone else in the state and Tyner has the most difficult. 

1 minute ago, RTD said:

It was fun watching you'll offense. It's very hard to defend. Meigs offense puts a lot of pressure on the LB’s to defend the middle of the field in the passing game.

For what its worth we didnt pass like that all year until we played tou all. It was strange for me to see as well. We passed some, but we did it alot againat you all, we had to open your defense up some what we could.