Westview @ South Gibson

ManOfMillions

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington scored our season high against the Westview D (53 points). We've not scored that high against anyone else. Of course you could credit 2 of our TD's to our special teams - one punt block for a TD and one of their punt snaps that went over the punter's head a d gave us the ball at the 2 going in (we scored in 1 play).

They will test your D. We held them to 7 points but they are causing the scoreboard to TILT against most folks. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN

4 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Covington scored our season high against the Westview D (53 points). We've not scored that high against anyone else. Of course you could credit 2 of our TD's to our special teams - one punt block for a TD and one of their punt snaps that went over the punter's head a d gave us the ball at the 2 going in (we scored in 1 play).

They will test your D. We held them to 7 points but they are causing the scoreboard to TILT against most folks. 

Mainly via the air?

2 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Mainly via the air?

Not sure what you are asking?

Via the air - not Covington. Our team is running the ball down people's throats. 

Via the air - That's what Westview wants to do, but the Covington D geared up to stop their passing game, and did that well. They had more luck running the ball than passing against us. 

So, the ground game ended up being more productive for both teams.

On 9/28/2019 at 7:37 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Not sure what you are asking?

Via the air - not Covington. Our team is running the ball down people's throats. 

Via the air - That's what Westview wants to do, but the Covington D geared up to stop their passing game, and did that well. They had more luck running the ball than passing against us. 

So, the ground game ended up being more productive for both teams.

You answered my question. 

I was talking about Westviews offense. 

56 minutes ago, SuperBowlKid1489 said:

South Gibson made me a believer last week with their performance against Haywood. While Westview has a glaring issue defensively apparently. I believe South Gibson can find a stop or 2 to slow down this high powered offense enough to get a win!

Yeah, If SGC played even with Haywood for a game, then I have to believe that they can handle Westview. Maybe Westview's big losses to Covington and Lake County have exposed the "real" Westview. I think that SGC makes it three in a row for the Chargers.

Lake County put up over 700 yards rushing against Westview. LC had 92 passing. I have not seen So. Gibson play but I think they are primarily a run team. I look for them to put up big yardage on the ground. Westview has a good offense. The Simpson kid can really throw the ball. He can also hurt a defense with his legs. If the Westview defense hasn't improved their run defense then the Hornets will have a field day. Westview will score some points but not enough to beat So. Gibson. Do not expect to get a kick return against Westview. The kicker can kick it out of the back of the endzone. Kid has a leg.

Edited by lakecounty1968