Karns at Oak Ridge

ORDT

Yeah SS how'd we get in that story. But Willie is right I'd be gassed just running on to the field, let alone running down it.

What a comedy of errors for Karns tonite, you had to feel sorry for them. If it could go wrong it did!!

I mean how do you have a bad snap and tackle the kicker and he fumbles the ball into the air and you recover it in the air and run it in and score?

Feel for the Beavers but ain't gonna give it back!

WILDCAT PRIDE

1 minute ago, bounder said:

Yeah SS how'd we get in that story. But Willie is right I'd be gassed just running on to the field, let alone running down it.

What a comedy of errors for Karns tonite, you had to feel sorry for them. If it could go wrong it did!!

I mean how do you have a bad snap and tackle the kicker and he fumbles the ball into the air and you recover it in the air and run it in and score?

Feel for the Beavers but ain't gonna give it back!

WILDCAT PRIDE

Easy Bounder. I like almost all the OR posters on here but you two have been posting a long time with me and I respect you two. I also used boyfromsi and his wife because I like them too.

• Like 1

I was impressed with how Rowe ran the ball tonight. When he gets a full head of steam, watch out. I thought he about killed that Karns kid on that TD run on the goal line. All I gotta say is....ouch. Also, I liked the new wrinkles they showed with 17 and putting him in motion tonight. Just gives the other team another weapon to worry about. Work hard this off week and come out and go to MT Juliet and give ‘em all ya got Cats.

What a fun night for the Wildcats.Does anybody know how many diff players scored tonight?I had to leave right after the Rowe TD but really proud of how the backups played.I agree with SS about Rowe because he was punishing people every run.He needs some reps as we close out the yr.I was on the fence when he ran that dude over at the goal line.Playoffs was not looking good after watching this team the 1st 2 weeks and they have kept improving and playing hard.RWR

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

What a fun night for the Wildcats.Does anybody know how many diff players scored tonight?I had to leave right after the Rowe TD but really proud of how the backups played.I agree with SS about Rowe because he was punishing people every run.He needs some reps as we close out the yr.I was on the fence when he ran that dude over at the goal line.Playoffs was not looking good after watching this team the 1st 2 weeks and they have kept improving and playing hard.RWR

God bless that Karns kid who took Rowe head on at the goal line. He had some balls, but he surely paid for it. I was actually shocked that he got up. That was a serious lick. Shades of a young Earl Campbell when he played for the Houston Oilers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elitesports4 said:

I thought it was disrespectful that Isaiah Johnson only got 3 targets! They didn’t let him get in endzone as well. All the hard work he’s put in even put the team on his back to get 3 targets and play half the game on his senior night. SAD to me!

After a 60-13 shellacking and you have that to complain about? C’mon man. No offense to Isaiah, he’s a great kid who I’m sure has worked his tail off, but so has every other kid on the team. If it wasn’t him it would be somebody else complaining about not getting enough touches. You can’t please everyone in life. That’s why I could never be a football coach. Parents constantly complaining that their kid isn’t getting enough touches or playing time etc. Honestly, I don’t see how a lot of these coaches deal with it, I couldn’t. At least he’s out there playing just about every down. Put yourself in the shoes of a senior player who has worked his a$& off for 3 years and NEVER gets to play. Better yet, put yourself in the shoes of a parent whose kid NEVER gets to play. There are plenty out there like that. BTW, not saying you’re his parent or even related to him, but it’s the same mentality of someone who would be. Also Walter Payton (one of the best RBs in the history of football) didn’t get to score in the only Super Bowl he got to play in. And you’re complaining about Isaiah not scoring against Karns in the regular season ha. Again, come on....*face palm*.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

After a 60-13 shellacking and you have that to complain about? C’mon man. No offense to Isaiah, he’s a great kid who I’m sure has worked his tail off, but so has every other kid on the team. If it wasn’t him it would be somebody else complaining about not getting enough touches. You can’t please everyone in life. That’s why I could never be a football coach. Parents constantly complaining that their kid isn’t getting enough touches or playing time etc. Honestly, I don’t see how a lot of these coaches deal with it, I couldn’t. At least he’s out there playing just about every down. Put yourself in the shoes of a senior player who has worked his a$& off for 3 years and NEVER gets to play. Better yet, put yourself in the shoes of a parent whose kid NEVER gets to play. There are plenty out there like that. BTW, not saying you’re his parent or even related to him, but it’s the same mentality of someone who would be. Also Walter Payton (one of the best RBs in the history of football) didn’t get to score in the only Super Bowl he got to play in. And you’re complaining about Isaiah not scoring against Karns in the regular season ha. Again, come on....*face palm*.

Dude I’ve been there done that? Do you not get the point of senior night? Imagine a guy that carries that team night in and night out only getting 3 targets on his last go around, but other games is the primary target? I understand other seniors if they don’t play to let them play as well everybody knows that! If you’re okay with freshman and sophomore getting touches and scoring over you’re star senior than we’re just different and look at senior night different.. the point to put the seniors that don’t play is to make them feel special why wouldn’t he deserve that same feeling?? That’s one night as a senior you’re suppose to remember I don’t know if you played or not? It’s karns the score is irrelevant cause we knew it was going to be a pounding! I’m just built different I would of made sure he scored 1 to show I respect all he’s done for me!

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

And I just noticed you compared Walter Payton scoring in the Super Bowl to senior night lol smh! It’s not the point about oh let me be selfish I want to score.. it’s The principle of senior night????? It’s a complete difference! Have you not seen in basketball they make sure the senior score that maybe got less minutes or 0! They make that senior feel special not just by putting them in? Not arguing though and again the score is irrelevant that’s the point of senior night to schedule a weak team! Every senior receiver would of got multiple passes to attempt a td for them. It’s love and excitement to respect them on their night! 

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I was impressed with how Rowe ran the ball tonight. When he gets a full head of steam, watch out. I thought he about killed that Karns kid on that TD run on the goal line. All I gotta say is....ouch. Also, I liked the new wrinkles they showed with 17 and putting him in motion tonight. Just gives the other team another weapon to worry about. Work hard this off week and come out and go to MT Juliet and give ‘em all ya got Cats.

Mount Juliet will be more than ready.

We all love ya Willie!

Now about Trey Rowe I said last year he needed to be brought in as fullback. We haven't had one of those in a while and he could handle it. As for Isaiah he got playing time, you can't always guarantee someone's gonna do great things just cause he's in the game. And as for just 3 "targets" with the ball maybe Karns had something to with him not getting across the goal line. He'll get another chance this year but some of those other guys won't. Enough on that.

WILDCAT PRIDE.