D2-3A which is stronger...East/Middle or Wsest?

PurplePanther

27 minutes ago, Spartan4Life said:

MBA did not score of offense. Baylors defense was dominating. Their one score was off a blocked punt recovered in the end zone. 

Weather definitly played a roll and I think both teams would have scored a least once or twice more had it been a dry game. 

Did MBA go for 2 or miss the XP’s?

Clearwater Academy (FL) beating McCallie 18-8 was stunning. I saw a tiny bit of that game before calling Father Ryan's 32-24 win over Lipscomb, as Clearwater was streaming the game on Twitter. You could legit see what looked like standing water out there on the field.

I was surprised to get home about 30-40 minutes ago with the Ensworth vs. Brentwood Academy game still not finished and airing on Channel 30 in Nashville. BA wins 30-20 behind a great performance by sophomore RB Jordan James: 42 carries, 238 yards, and a TD.

Knoxville Catholic beat previously 7-1 Brentwood High School tonight. When is the last time a team beat Brentwood High and Brentwood Academy in the same season?

Only two playoff spots remain in II-AAA East. One of these three teams will miss out on the playoffs. Catholic beat Brentwood Academy; Brentwood Academy beat Ensworth; Ensworth beat Catholic.

2-2 (6-3) Ensworth
2-2 (6-3) Brentwood Acad.
1-3 (6-3) Knox Catholic

Next Friday night should be interesting, to be sure. Catholic would win a three-way tiebreaker by virtue of its victory at Brentwood High.

11/1 -- 6:30p CDT kickoff time:
Ensworth at McCallie
Father Ryan at Knox Catholic

11/1 -- 7:00 CDT kickoff time:
Baylor at Brentwood Academy

9 hours ago, LouPickney said:

Clearwater Academy (FL) beating McCallie 18-8 was stunning. I saw a tiny bit of that game before calling Father Ryan's 32-24 win over Lipscomb, as Clearwater was streaming the game on Twitter. You could legit see what looked like standing water out there on the field.

I was surprised to get home about 30-40 minutes ago with the Ensworth vs. Brentwood Academy game still not finished and airing on Channel 30 in Nashville. BA wins 30-20 behind a great performance by sophomore RB Jordan James: 42 carries, 238 yards, and a TD.

Knoxville Catholic beat previously 7-1 Brentwood High School tonight. When is the last time a team beat Brentwood High and Brentwood Academy in the same season?

Only two playoff spots remain in II-AAA East. One of these three teams will miss out on the playoffs. Catholic beat Brentwood Academy; Brentwood Academy beat Ensworth; Ensworth beat Catholic.

2-2 (6-3) Ensworth
2-2 (6-3) Brentwood Acad.
1-3 (6-3) Knox Catholic

Next Friday night should be interesting, to be sure. Catholic would win a three-way tiebreaker by virtue of its victory at Brentwood High.

11/1 -- 6:30p CDT kickoff time:
Ensworth at McCallie
Father Ryan at Knox Catholic

11/1 -- 7:00 CDT kickoff time:
Baylor at Brentwood Academy

why was Turners Schools loss to those scientoligist from Florida stunnin?........the roster of scientology ballers  outmatches the Blue tornadoes quite impressively....and the schedule they challenge far outways anything both of Chattanoogas bluebloods contest 

...glad to see McCallie not runnin from the outta region challengers

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

3 hours ago, Booger said:

why was Turners Schools loss to those scientoligist from Florida stunnin?........the roster of scientology ballers  outmatches the Blue tornadoes quite impressively....and the schedule they challenge far outways anything both of Chattanoogas bluebloods contest 

...glad to see McCallie not runnin from the outta region challengers

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Correct !  - they have 13 D 1 Athletes on that team.  McCallie kept the score close.

I was at the BA game last night - took them a while to get rolling but they are healthy and wade made some progress back.  Devyn Curtis is back as well which helped a lot.

I think they will need to mix it up more against Baylor. I would bring the throwing qb in from time to time and run wade in a wildcat from time to time as well.

ba was not at full strength against mba so hard game to compare. I don’t think the running back from Baylor will have as much success against ba but who knows - give him a small hole and he is gone. I imagine they may score more against ba but we shall see.

Jordan James is every bit the back he is just different:  he is not as fast but a Bruiser . If he keeps packing on muscle that kid will be 5’11 220  by time it’s over with.

You think it’s hard to tackle him now. I do believe he will go down as one of the best backs we have seen in the league since chandler / elder but we shall see.

next week it’s all on the line for BA so maybe they will step up since they are healthy and play with more energy.

i did see their D end went down. He is huge for BA so how he is okay.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976
H

Perhaps what stunned me the most was Clearwater winning by the score of 18- 8, knowing how prolific both teams' respective offenses can be. I don't know if McCallie had star DE Jay Hardy back yet, but the McCallie student broadcasters told me last Friday that they hoped to get him back before the end of the season.

Clearwater gave up 42 points in a loss last week and McCallie led at the half last night. Both teams can put points on the board quickly, but there was no traction to be found seemingly for either side last night. McCallie has some great artificial turf, but even high-end fields have their upper limits as far as water saturation goes.

https://wdef.com/2019/10/25/tdfn-clearwater-academy-fl-mccallie/

I lived in Tampa for five years and I know about Clearwater Academy International. Some unique elements in play there. Only started playing 11-on-11 football in 2016, but ramped up to that with some great 8-man football seasons.

Credit to them for going on the road in quagmire-like conditions and getting the win over an excellent McCallie team.

My apartment in Ybor City wasn't far from where the Scientologists had a building (they are in a much larger facility there now) and for what it's worth everyone I met from there was friendly. And not in an "I'm trying to recruit you" kind of way, as that wouldn't have ended well.

Granted, I didn't mention that I was a news producer at WTSP-TV, as that also likely wouldn't have ended well.