FLASHBACK: 8/22/19 Greeneville @ Powell

blazer1set

16 hours ago, BVDevil said:

and lets not forget that powell toyed with AC for three quarters before hanging a 28 burger on them in the 4th. Greeneville however had a pass knocked away from Jayden in the closing moments that would have set us up for the possible win, off of the leg of Cej, who has been pretty reliable, save for the SH game, throughout his devil career. Nevertheless , we always hear that scores dont matter so in the end, it will come down to one team most likely for both GHS and AC........and we all know who the orange and black elephant in the room is

Toyed.... You have got to be kidding.  We ran out of steam and a good Powell team came back to win.  Thats all you can  say.  We showed we can score and our defense learned lesson's That will not be repeated.  Don't exploit our youth and inexperienced as we have learned a lot since that game. Greeneville barley squeezed out 17 points on Powell.  So our offense is simmering and our defense learned an important lesson that has been corrected. The expression Toyed... 28-12 lead in 3rd quarter.... Toyed lol good one BVD. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

How do you get that the Mav's have the 15th hardest schedule? (Please don't tell me from Coach T because it only factor's in Win/loss not actually who you have played).  Both teams loss was to their toughest competition in Powell.  Greeneville loss by 2 AC loss by 12 the following week.

Its a mighty  good thing you guys do not  have DB it might have backfired  on strength of schedule for the Devils this year. We have played two top 10 5 A and a fair 6 A.  Plus we have another biggie game with East Hamilton whom also is good and ranked.  So I would say we have toughest schedule in East Tennessee overall.  I am not saying we are fully ready for Greeneville.  I think the Betsy game will definitely help see what is and what is not.  But we have a tough East Hamilton that I am worried about.  By the time playoffs come around and we stay healthy I think this young team will be grown up and ready for the Gteeneville or Betsy test.  But one of those will have to get by Howard and really good luck.  We caught them not looking and they overlooked us  They are fast.  Kinda hope we do not play them again.  Lol

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Its a mighty  good thing you guys do not  have DB it might have backfired  on strength of schedule for the Devils this year. We have played two top 10 5 A and a fair 6 A.  Plus we have another biggie game with East Hamilton whom also is good and ranked.  So I would say we have toughest schedule in East Tennessee overall.  I am not saying we are fully ready for Greeneville.  I think the Betsy game will definitely help see what is and what is not.  But we have a tough East Hamilton that I am worried about.  By the time playoffs come around and we stay healthy I think this young team will be grown up and ready for the Gteeneville or Betsy test.  But one of those will have to get by Howard and really good luck.  We caught them not looking and they overlooked us  They are fast.  Kinda hope we do not play them again.  Lol

Hold on to your hat and pants Mav! I agree with you. Now abou your middling 6a team...... our not so good 6a team as you would say the Hill beat Jeff 42-7. You build Howard up too much. We play Betsy which u don’t. The edge is East Hamilton. We both have a tougher schedule than Betsy.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Hold on to your hat and pants Mav! I agree with you. Now abou your middling 6a team...... our not so good 6a team as you would say the Hill beat Jeff 42-7. You build Howard up too much. We play Betsy which u don’t. The edge is East Hamilton. We both have a tougher schedule than Betsy.

Also the "top 10" 5a team South Doyle seem to be the most overrated team in the state