District 5AA

ElGoat

6 hours ago, Indian said:

Tyner wasn't too strong. Grundy, the last place finisher in a 7-AA district which was swept in the region, beat them recently. I'd have to take Red Bank and Meigs, especially if the refs allow Red Bank to get rough. 

They were rough, and refs allowed it. Hats off to them though. RB made a bunch of foul shots. Our slow start got us. Not too bad for a bunch of sophomores and a junior. Future Chargerettes and this group looks bright. 

2 hours ago, logcabinman said:

They were rough, and refs allowed it. Hats off to them though. RB made a bunch of foul shots. Our slow start got us. Not too bad for a bunch of sophomores and a junior. Future Chargerettes and this group looks bright. 

Keep your head up Logcabinman. Young teams go through some bumps in the road. Word on the street is that the freshman class next year will be LOADED for the chargerettes. Bright future. 

Congratulations to the Lady Tigers on making the region championship for the 4th straight year. Now my thoughts on tomorrow’s game, first after watching RB and SM play, I’m a little surprised that RB beat Signal Mountain, they looked to me to be the better team, but RB took care of business and got to the championship game. I know that Meigs played Red Bank two times last year with Meigs winning both games by 20+ and Meigs returned everyone from last year and I think Red Bank returned everyone but one, I think they said Central caused around 20 turnovers last night but failed to score off of them, Meigs defense is much better and I think Meigs will be to much for Red Bank and they will win by around 20. 

25 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Congratulations to the Lady Tigers on making the region championship for the 4th straight year. Now my thoughts on tomorrow’s game, first after watching RB and SM play, I’m a little surprised that RB beat Signal Mountain, they looked to me to be the better team, but RB took care of business and got to the championship game. I know that Meigs played Red Bank two times last year with Meigs winning both games by 20+ and Meigs returned everyone from last year and I think Red Bank returned everyone but one, I think they said Central caused around 20 turnovers last night but failed to score off of them, Meigs defense is much better and I think Meigs will be to much for Red Bank and they will win by around 20. 

We were saying last night, you guys should be a 20 plus win against Red Bank.  We got the matchup we wanted playing RB, and correctly stated, we could not capitalize last night.  Big girl in size for RB is tough to deal with.  Our girls played hard though.  Good luck the rest of the way.  

48 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

SM beat RB twice during the season but RB managed to beat SM for the district championship, so they're probably pretty close to each other as teams.  Will RB's injured girl get to play against Meigs? 

18 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

We were saying last night, you guys should be a 20 plus win against Red Bank.  We got the matchup we wanted playing RB, and correctly stated, we could not capitalize last night.  Big girl in size for RB is tough to deal with.  Our girls played hard though.  Good luck the rest of the way.  

I kept waiting for you guys to make a run late, but just failed to capitalize on those turnovers, and we will see you guys again next year as I think we will be battling it out for 1st in the district and region.

25 minutes ago, logcabinman said:

McMinn Central will be better next year with all of their players returning, along with a couple of very good freshmen they'll have.  They'll have a couple of good players coming in each year for the next 3 years, so their cupboard will be full in the future.

1 minute ago, blitzinbuc said:

SM beat RB twice during the season but RB managed to beat SM for the district championship, so they're probably pretty close to each other as teams.  Will RB's injured girl get to play against Meigs? 

Red Bank doesn’t handle the ball very well, I just don’t think they can handle the pressure that Meigs will put on them, and they were getting tired last night because they didn’t have much on the bench, and no I didn’t think the PG is playing she was on crutches last night.

4 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Red Bank doesn’t handle the ball very well, I just don’t think they can handle the pressure that Meigs will put on them, and they were getting tired last night because they didn’t have much on the bench, and no I didn’t think the PG is playing she was on crutches last night.

Meigs may have beat the best 6AA team last night.

8 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Red Bank’s PG is their leading scorer & best player. With her, it would be a very good game. Without her, I think Meigs will pull away. She is out for the season with an ACL injury. 
Kudos to Meigs Co for playing a tough schedule this season. I hope it pays off & you make a good run! 

25 minutes ago, FootballFan51 said:

Red Bank’s PG is their leading scorer & best player. With her, it would be a very good game. Without her, I think Meigs will pull away. She is out for the season with an ACL injury. 
Kudos to Meigs Co for playing a tough schedule this season. I hope it pays off & you make a good run! 

You hate to hear that about any kid. We played them a couple times last year, and I remember her she’s a pretty good player, Meigs lost their best players earlier in the year to a ACL injury to. I hope she not a senior.