York at Loudon

10Redskin

The score may look like a blowout but the young Dragons gave them a game and challenged the Loudon defense. Loudon scored two quick TDs, one after a fumble deep in Loudon territory. But York began moving the ball and got stopped at the four. At 35-14 York stopped themselves on penalties, and an interception led to another Loudon score. York had at least three or four drives that went deep into Loudon territory.  Loudon had to keep their starters in until 8 minutes to go. Loudon's offense is explosive and they  are a great team. I think York fans were proud of the performance by the Dragons. I was surprised by the small Loudon crowd. But they have a beautiful facility and terrific band. Good luck the rest of the way!

Edited by bobcatfan300

Giving up 7 TD through the air and being held to 14 points is the definition of a blowout. No disrespect intended but you mention a small Loudon crowd. There is a reason for that. No one was up for a game against a team with a losing record. They knew it would be a blowout. Loudon was not up for the game and gave up some rushing yards while scoring 49 points. Good luck to York in next year. Young team should be solid next season.

1 hour ago, RedskinTheLast1 said:

Giving up 7 TD through the air and being held to 14 points is the definition of a blowout. No disrespect intended but you mention a small Loudon crowd. There is a reason for that. No one was up for a game against a team with a losing record. They knew it would be a blowout. Loudon was not up for the game and gave up some rushing yards while scoring 49 points. Good luck to York in next year. Young team should be solid next season.

York with almost a JV team scored twice against your starters. Your coach called a time out and came out on the field and yelled at your defense. York scored on the next play. Obviously your coach wasn't pleased. York, a very young 3-7 team with a lot of injuries, moved the ball down the field all night against your defense. York can't stop the pass, so as everyone in Tennessee expected, you scored 7 times. NO ONE expected York to move the ball like they did all night. York never ever has a 2/3rds empty stadium no matter who they play, or when they have a rare losing season. The York fans drove almost 2 hours knowing what they were up against and didn't have that many fewer fans than Loudon. Sorry that you got so bent out of shape over my observation, even though I otherwise praised your team, stadium and band and wished your team luck. Your team deserved to have a packed stadium no matter who they played. Way to go York and York fans...always supporting the Dragons!!!

Edited by bobcatfan300
Corrections

4 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

York with almost a JV team scored twice against your starters. Your coach called a time out and came out on the field and yelled at your defense. York scored on the next play. Obviously your coach wasn't pleased. York, a very young 3-7 team with a lot of injuries, moved the ball down the field all night against your defense. York can't stop the pass, so as everyone in Tennessee expected, you scored 7 times. NO ONE expected York to move the ball like they did all night. York never ever has a 2/3rds empty stadium no matter who they play, or when they have a rare losing season. The York fans drove almost 2 hours knowing what they were up against and didn't have that many fewer fans than Loudon. Sorry that you got so bent out of shape over my observation, even though I otherwise praised your team, stadium and band and wished your team luck. Your team deserved to have a packed stadium no matter who they played. Way to go York and York fans...always supporting the Dragons!!!

I did not get bent out of shape over anything you said.Just trying to state that it's natural for a defence to let up after taking a 28 point lead in the first quarter of play.

10 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

I must agree with you sir! Shame on the Redskin fans for not showing up to support these boys! And yes our defense didn't play very inspired football last night! Congrats to the York boys for their effort! Redskins better step it up next week and hopefully the crowd will to!!! YES I an calling out all you fair weather REDSKIN fans!! As an Alumni and former player, last nights crowd was pathetic!! 

2 hours ago, tnredskin said:

I must agree with you sir! Shame on the Redskin fans for not showing up to support these boys! And yes our defense didn't play very inspired football last night! Congrats to the York boys for their effort! Redskins better step it up next week and hopefully the crowd will to!!! YES I an calling out all you fair weather REDSKIN fans!! As an Alumni and former player, last nights crowd was pathetic!! 

Shame on the Loudon fans for not supporting the team!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HasBeenHero said:

I agree, we showed up early to get a seat and there was hardly anyone there. It was disappointing, and they need to play some music or something before the game, the place was dead.  

I really don't understand that the best team you all have had since 14 and no support I mean that's crazy!

• Like 1