Maryville = state champs

Rebels01

Guest AlcoaChamp

well your hearing this from an Alcoa player and I'm telling, as much as it hurts me to say, Maryville has to much going for them this year. nobody will come close to them, and if any one does it'll be Hillsboro in Murfeesboro. sorry Trogans your intensity will be crushed with in the couple of minutes that the game starts. but I do believe thoe this will be the last year that Maryville will dominate for a good while. but to much on Maryvilles side this year.

Maryville-38

V.S.

M. West-7

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maryville will have to overcome the run game from dirty and rucker with an offensive line that averages 6' 280. and a fullback that is crazy...and a quarterback in southerland...and an outstanding reciever in lawson(which will be doubled as i've seen every game almost) it takes that to shut southerland and lawson's connection down but its rarely accomplished..southerland will be poise in the pocket and play the game i think...as a former student to scared to play football but i know the game...i see a fire in the eyes of the trojans and its the intensity that they need to go win this game...GO TROJANS!!!

Guest beachrebel13

im about as avid a maryville as they get. as crazy as any other student there. but guys come on, stop all the "no one can beat us garbage." i don't think mo west has the greatest of chances in winning, but it will be an awesome atmosphere. also, when mo west and mhs played, stewart was out a lot, injured during that game. they contained him that game, but stoping the states 6th best player won't be so easy the second time through. I'm excited to see either melrose or hillsboro come state time. hillsboro can pay, i was there last yr. road to state isn't as easy as last year, but my boys know how to get the job done...GO REBS...the ###### is loose

MWest will have to play the game of their lives, but if they they had a real Q-back they would have a chance, Southerland is not the Q-back their paper or coach has built him up to be, he just is all they have, is is not rated in the state or anywhere else, only in the paper, don't get me worng, West is a great team and has a great coach, but I beleive Fri. will be their last game. Maryville just has a total team. It will be closer than the 1st game, but West will have to run the ball like a train to win, and stop the run and pass of Maryville, it will be a hard task. I say Maryville 35 M-West 21

well, lemme say this. I happen to live in Murfreesboro and I have a good friend that is a coach at Blackman High. WHen I asked him what he thought about who was the best team in the state, he laughed and said "No Contest, Maryville". Yes that came from a man who coaches a team who darn near beat Riverdale last Friday night. I hope you are joking about the score of the MHS MW game. I mean seriously, do you really believe that? If you do believe that then I suggest that you make the trip to Maryville and prove yourself wrong. THEY AINT GUNNA STOP STEWART, GASKIN, GALYON, OR WHOEVER ELSE THAT MARYVILLE WILL THROW AT THEM. Maryville 31-14...bank on it!

LOL I love all this talk. Just the fact that there are this many people talking about Maryville, whether or not you like them, proves how great they are. Trojan man you are crazy if you think that "who wants it more" will win. That is what weak teams tell themselves to try and build up their psyche coming into a big game. Great teams know that all teams want it (a win) equally - and the key to that is a cool, balanced attack that picks at weaknesses until they break through. That is Maryville in a Nutshell. All it's gonna take is a couple of big scoring plays from Maryville, and MoWest will give up. The last two games, MoWest was not only beaten physically, they lost the mental game as well. Maryville is a psychological team as well as a physical team. They don't need to talk trash (they leave that up to me n my boys) because they speak through their plays. When cole mckinney drives you into the ground or galyon sacks the quarterback, it's more than a good play. It's what's left unsaid that makes Maryville the best. It's the look in their eyes before the game and the feeling on the sideline after a big play that makes Maryville different from other good teams. The rebels are scary, and those black uniforms are intimidating. I see Maryville rolling to a big win - 42 - 14

P.S. KevP - yes we like to "toot our own horn" but any team that wins like Maryville has a right to do that until somebody beats them. Don't worry about me, when Maryville loses, I'll be on here congratulating the winner without excuses. But until them, I'm gonna let anyone that clicks on a maryville thread know how good I think they are.

Whats up man it's ke...lol whats up dawg. You been watchin film...did you see how tired they were and how they were all dragging around and stuff like they've been smoking cigs. They need to quit smoking and run. Cause Carl is playing in this one. Morristow keeps jumping like they want some...but I don't think they are ready. In the words of DJPaul..."I think dey scared."