Derwin Wright at York Steps Down

UCPrepShowcase

6 hours ago, Headhunter42 said:

I'm not all that familiar with the York Program.  Can anybody that supports this program provide a little detail and background on why the most recent coach resigned? Did he retire? Take another job? Forced out? Any one with a good read on the situation that can provide details?

Health issues. Great coach he is loved in the community.  Had he not resigned he would have had this job as long as he wanted it.  Loved in the community!!! I really hope they make a good hire.  Have a lot of Tallent returning and a lot coming up from the middle school. 

Heard yesterday at church that interviews were conducted on Thursday and Friday. Had about 18 or 19 applicants (5-6 interviews).  Not heard any names but the one on staff already. If I were a betting man he will be the coach. From what I can gather has some head coaching experience in Las Vegas but not real successful. I hope they make a good hire and  hope the community and the kids will get on board with whoever the school chooses.