Who will be the new Hickman Co coach??

Tata

45 minutes ago, Tigercub10 said:

Who do you think will get the job? 

Someone on staff? 

My first prediction was someone on the staff but heard that isn't true. For you to say Hickman shouldn't have beat Waverly in 2014 is a joke. We beat you by 21 in the playoffs. I guess we just got lucky LOL. Hickman was the most talented team that year compared to Waverly and were previous to McConnell coming to Waverly. What was Waverly's record against Hickman up until then?! 1 win the previous 10 meetings. So to say its hard to win at Hickman is another joke. But hey welcome to Coacht!

Edited by Bulldogfan24
Misspelled

53 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

My first prediction was someone on the staff but heard that isn't true. For you to say Hickman shouldn't have beat Waverly in 2014 is a joke. We beat you by 21 in the playoffs. I guess we just got lucky LOL. Hickman was the most talented team that year compared to Waverly and were previous to McConnell coming to Waverly. What was Waverly's record against Hickman up until then?! 1 win the previous 10 meetings. So to say its hard to win at Hickman is another joke. But hey welcome to Coacht!

Waverly was 8-2 regular season and had beaten Hickman by 20 in regular season  that year   

It’s hard to win at any real area school consistently 

the ones that do year and and year out are few and far between.   

Hopefully for Hickman they will find what they are looking for and when they do hopefully he will have success and stay.  

That’s  what makes it harder for rural area schools.  Like you mentioned McConnell he came in had some good seasons and got out of town.  

Hickman County is similar to Cheatham County, and Stewart County some years you may have better players than other years but it’s hard to maintain. It can be a fight at places like that to get to 5 wins some years.   

Hickman County the last 20 years has

had a year when they were playing 2A with 4A enrollment and players.   

Had a year when East upset someone so they played East in 2nd round 

Then the year they beat Waverly.  

Other than those 3 years not a lot of success...

6 minutes ago, Tigercub10 said:

Waverly was 8-2 regular season and had beaten Hickman by 20 in regular season  that year   

It’s hard to win at any real area school consistently 

the ones that do year and and year out are few and far between.   

Hopefully for Hickman they will find what they are looking for and when they do hopefully he will have success and stay.  

That’s  what makes it harder for rural area schools.  Like you mentioned McConnell he came in had some good seasons and got out of town.  

Hickman County is similar to Cheatham County, and Stewart County some years you may have better players than other years but it’s hard to maintain. It can be a fight at places like that to get to 5 wins some years.   

Hickman County the last 20 years has

had a year when they were playing 2A with 4A enrollment and players.   

Had a year when East upset someone so they played East in 2nd round 

Then the year they beat Waverly.  

Other than those 3 years not a lot of success...

When Hickman has a coach that can develop players then we have a good teams. In my opinion that something Harrison was lacking but I usually liked his playcalling.  Like someone said on this forum majority of success at the high school level is from coaching. Just as the case with Waverly. When it comes to facilities Hickman is right at the top this area and I believe that could be the reason we can pull a good coach in here. 

9 minutes ago, Bulldogfan24 said:

When Hickman has a coach that can develop players then we have a good teams. In my opinion that something Harrison was lacking but I usually liked his playcalling.  Like someone said on this forum majority of success at the high school level is from coaching. Just as the case with Waverly. When it comes to facilities Hickman is right at the top this area and I believe that could be the reason we can pull a good coach in here. 

Hopefully so, and I hope you don’t think I am or went to Waverly because of my username.   I live in Smyrna    Have a lot of friends from around that area though.  

They do have nice facilities 

The majority of success is from talent.   

If it was from coaching then why would Lewis County ever have a down year?  What about Wayne County? They get the State title when they have the Rice boys.   

It has to be a combination of things 

talent, support from admin and community, and coaching.  

On 2/2/2020 at 1:59 AM, Tide21 said:

If what you explain is the case why hasn’t Huntingdon won the state championship the last 3 years ?  They have had the talent. 

The 2 teams they lost to were also Talented and well coached...      Was that serious question or were you  brain dead for a minute?

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

The 2 teams they lost to were also Talented and well coached...      Was that serious question or were you  brain dead for a minute?

You said they were extremely lucky to have Swenson and that in high school winning was 90% the coaches.  If he is so good and it’s 90% coaching they should have won. According to your math you are contradicting yourself 

21 hours ago, Tide21 said:

You said they were extremely lucky to have Swenson and that in high school winning was 90% the coaches.  If he is so good and it’s 90% coaching they should have won. According to your math you are contradicting yourself 

No I didn't contradict myself at all. You need to work on your comprehension of the English language.

Sorry I really thought your question was a joke that was going over my head.  Now that i know it isn't.I'm ------>:lol:   @ U   

Where did I say winning CHAMPIONSHIPS?  I didnt you added that in your head.    Not that Swenson isnt capable of it he is. Fell 2 inches shy a few years back on a gutsy 2 point conversion call at the end of a game on a great play by the defender.    Still the reason they didn't win Championships the last 3 years for the SECOND TIME  is they ran into teams just as well coached and just as talented.  Would you like me to say it a third time or do you get it now?   

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

No I didn't contradict myself at all. You need to work on your comprehension of the English language.

Sorry I really thought your question was a joke that was going over my head.  Now that i know it isn't.I'm ------>:lol:   @ U   

Where did I say winning CHAMPIONSHIPS?  I didnt you added that in your head.    Not that Swenson isnt capable of it he is. Fell 2 inches shy a few years back on a gutsy 2 point conversion call at the end of a game on a great play by the defender.    Still the reason they didn't win Championships the last 3 years for the SECOND TIME  is they ran into teams just as well coached and just as talented.  Would you like me to say it a third time or do you get it now?   

How is it hard to comprehend what I’m saying ?      I don’t have reading comprehension problems it’s that seem to not understand.  

you said in high school ball it’s 90% coaching.  If it’s 90% coaching then you don’t even need good players. Your statement was ignorant it can’t be 90% .   You have to have a complete program. This includes players and coaches and everything else that goes along with having g a good team. 

Based on your 90% theory and your idea that he is a great coach then they shouldn’t have lost because based on what you said it’s 90% coaching.   It’s hard to grasp your own concept isn’t it ?