What in the world? No tickets being sold to Humboldt-Trenton

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, warmachine7954 said:

Most districts have policy like this. I work for Shelby County. We used to honor outside district badges if we were playing a team from another district. Now, we send the school we're playing a certain number of tickets (30 for football). They can distribute them as they please. 

There was too much abuse with passes district IDs. I've had people in the past show up with a TSSAA ID, school ID, or some other thing that they assumed would get them in with 5 people in tow and they expect everyone to get in on that one badge. I get people that lie all the time about being in the "booster club" or working the "concession stand" just simply trying to get out of paying the at the gate.

Also, we have the SCIAA in Shelby Co.

When two SCS teams play each other the money is handled like this:

Officials/Gate workers get paid off the top (at my school a football game is about $1000), then the SCIAA takes 15% of the remaining, then the schools split what's left 50/50. (doesn't matter who hosts.)

For Example: Gate is $5000 in total ($8 ticket) $1000 (officials/gate workers), $600 (15% of $4000) SCIAA, Team A-$1700 (50% of 3400) Team B-$1700 (50% of 3400). This happens all over Shelby County for all sports all the time. 

I understand why people would want every dollar they can get at the gate.

So when the gate does not pay for officials and workers, does the SCIAA and the two participating schools each pony up the difference or is the host school stuck with this?

15 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

So when the gate does not pay for officials and workers, does the SCIAA and the two participating schools each pony up the difference or is the host school stuck with this?

Host school. Technically both teams pay since it comes off the top.

When the playoffs come around the TSSAA gets the money and we pay for the officials and gateworkers. 

Edited by warmachine7954