D-1 Players

RealisticFan45

Effortless Athletism with high ceiling. Being able to shoot off the dribble, getting to the rim ,jump shots ,3 pointers all off the dribble, and in today's game long,length arm span etc, if you ain't got that better be cat quick with handles and be able to shoot lights out. and also college coaches are looking at ball shootin release location, if you push the ball say from chest or forward nope your shot will get block ed at next level want a flick high effortless release point and elevation cause will be shootin more under pressure.

3 hours ago, buddyball said:

351 Div 1 womens basketball what ever the program need.  I can't define it but i kind of knw it when you see.  Ryne Howard Kentucky.  Seen her many times at Cleveland High School meet her and her Mother Great people she is better in college then  high school,  Wow

If you were a college athlete, you definitely know it when you see it

One word, MOTOR!

I dont care how good you can score, dribble, rebound, defend, pass, whatever. If you dont have a motor you are not a D1 player, IMO. I go to the state tournament every year and there have been 3 girls that I knew hands down was going to make it at the next level. 

#1 Crystal Dangerfield-UCONN

#2 Rhyne Howard - UK

#3 Jamairah Shutes - UofM

Yes, there have been more, but I knew without a shadow of a doubt they were going to be good. There are kids committing and signing nowadays that cant, don't or wont even takeover a HS. If you dont standout in. HS game for whatever reason, IMO, your not a D1 player. I played D2 ball and I have seen some guys and girls on the D2 and NAIA Level that would run circles around some of these "D1 players" today, and it's all because of their MOTOR.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

One word, MOTOR!

I dont care how good you can score, dribble, rebound, defend, pass, whatever. If you dont have a motor you are not a D1 player, IMO. I go to the state tournament every year and there have been 3 girls that I knew hands down was going to make it at the next level. 

#1 Crystal Dangerfield-UCONN

#2 Rhyne Howard - UK

#3 Jamairah Shutes - UofM

Yes, there have been more, but I knew without a shadow of a doubt they were going to be good. There are kids committing and signing nowadays that cant, don't or wont even takeover a HS. If you dont standout in. HS game for whatever reason, IMO, your not a D1 player. I played D2 ball and I have seen some guys and girls on the D2 and NAIA Level that would run circles around some of these "D1 players" today, and it's all because of their MOTOR.

Ryne Howard looked like a million dollars physique wise,but I never got the just wow factor in high school from her ,she found the right coach and system and has definitely flourished,  to me Erica Haynes Overton stood out her all around game was very polished in high school.It comes down to right fit and some kids will flourish around lesser tallent ,then others will with greater talent around them.

Heather Butler was a D-1 player that had a motor like Dangerfield but maybe not quite as quick as her but had her jersey retired at UTM yesterday. She holds the OVC record for most career points scored with 2850 ish. Went 70-1 at GC with back to back state championships. Could have went anywhere she wanted but wanted to stay close to home so her family could watch her play. Is the only OVC player to ever get drafted by the WNBA.

• Like 1

I’m excited for more people to see Jaloni Cambridge from Ensworth. 8th grader who starts at PG for arguably the best team in the state and one of the best in the country. She’s one of those who you see and just know as she gets older she will be unstoppable. Amazing court vision. Probably the best I’ve ever seen in HS girls basketball. Keep an eye on her.