Will greenfield win class A?

Ballin2020

I think for most part everybody is just partial and defending their own team which is normal.  I really think the way the tournament has been handled has all fans a little on the bitter side due to not getting to play it as planned so far and things got a little testy which is to be expected cuz who would have ever dreamed of having to deal with this.  Maybe and it’s a big maybe they will figure out a way to finish the tournament and somebody will be the 2020 champions and then move on to the 2020/2021 season    

If you’ll notice, both GC and Westview were brought into the conversation by fans from their own fanbases because they couldn’t stand people from other fanbases talking about how good the Greenfield team is.  After that, people from other fanbases argued with GC and Westview fans.  Please quit trying to paint Greenfield fans as terrible and arrogant people.  We can’t help other people saying that we are a good team.  But to get back to the point if Westview and GC fans don’t insert themselves into the conversation, nothing would have ever been said about their teams.

2 minutes ago, Youknowitstru88 said:

I think for most part everybody is just partial and defending their own team which is normal.  I really think the way the tournament has been handled has all fans a little on the bitter side due to not getting to play it as planned so far and things got a little testy which is to be expected cuz who would have ever dreamed of having to deal with this.  Maybe and it’s a big maybe they will figure out a way to finish the tournament and somebody will be the 2020 champions and then move on to the 2020/2021 season    

I hope so but I would be surprised!! We got word a while ago that the HS baseball season may be in jeopardy. Bad deal!!

12 minutes ago, JacketPride5 said:

If you’ll notice, both GC and Westview were brought into the conversation by fans from their own fanbases because they couldn’t stand people from other fanbases talking about how good the Greenfield team is.  After that, people from other fanbases argued with GC and Westview fans.  Please quit trying to paint Greenfield fans as terrible and arrogant people.  We can’t help other people saying that we are a good team.  But to get back to the point if Westview and GC fans don’t insert themselves into the conversation, nothing would have ever been said about their teams.

The poster that brought Westview in to this convo was by a person who just created their profile on Monday according to their profile. Probably a kid.  Sportslover88 is the only Westview "fan" that I'm aware that even posts on CoachT in basketball and maybe 2-3 other posters in football season. GC will stand up for ours and some of us will stand up for honorable programs who play and respect the game the right way. Most, if not all, of us at GC pull for Greenfield when they're not playing us or contending with us for some title. Of the WV fans/coaches/players I know and have known from WV, they stay farther above the fray than some of us Single A supporters in here and I don't think they really care about anyone else' opinion or comments and some have told me how they laugh at some of the comments made on here.  On another note, my son just called me and said there's a change.org petition which has been started by someone with over a 1000 signatures addressed to the TSSAA. I don't think it'll change anything, but I do think it's great that people are letting the TSSAA know their feelings on the matter. 

3 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

The poster that brought Westview in to this convo was by a person who just created their profile on Monday according to their profile. Probably a kid.  Sportslover88 is the only Westview "fan" that I'm aware that even posts on CoachT in basketball and maybe 2-3 other posters in football season. GC will stand up for ours and some of us will stand up for honorable programs who play and respect the game the right way. Most, if not all, of us at GC pull for Greenfield when they're not playing us or contending with us for some title. Of the WV fans/coaches/players I know and have known from WV, they stay farther above the fray than some of us Single A supporters in here and I don't think they really care about anyone else' opinion or comments and some have told me how they laugh at some of the comments made on here.  On another note, my son just called me and said there's a change.org petition which has been started by someone with over a 1000 signatures addressed to the TSSAA. I don't think it'll change anything, but I do think it's great that people are letting the TSSAA know their feelings on the matter. 

I understand, and we pull for West Tennessee teams when we’re not playing them.  Greenfieldfan and I are the only Greenfield fans that I’m aware of on here.  Other people are fans of other teams or are people who just created accounts.  I just can’t stand their comments being made into generalized statements about our town/fanbase being cocky and arrogant.  

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

I signed it a while ago. Greenfield and Westview sent it to me on FB. Don’t think it will change the game playing,.but I feel they need to award some Gold Balls for the ones still standing to put some closure to this deal. This little escapade cost people money and a lot of hard feelings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

I signed it a while ago. Greenfield and Westview sent it to me on FB. Don’t think it will change the game playing,.but I feel they need to award some Gold Balls for the ones still standing to put some closure to this deal. This little escapade cost people money and a lot of hard feelings.

I think this will be in future state tournament guides as 2020- * No declared winner* unfortunately. The two things we will end up taking from this tournament is another State Tournament Banner and we will always remember that Chloe Moore was the 2 time Ms. Basketball winner (and very well deserved). Outside of our team players, she has been my favorite player to watch the last 4 years and the magic she brought to the court.  

On 3/12/2020 at 8:27 PM, gcfan2 said:

Westview would definitely win against Greenfield since they are back to 100% no doubt. Gibson County has beaten Westview a few times in the past few years including this year, but Westview didn't have one of their better players. I'm afraid it would have been different if they had her when we played...she's that good

at least someone understands basketball. 

On 3/12/2020 at 8:35 PM, Topfan said:

Ok. Why do I state these comments with confidence?  Because I have seen most of these players for years. My daughter played AAU with some of the Summertown and Loretto players this past summer and I get to see some fantastic girls basketball.  Tess Darby- great player for Greenfield but her style of play when she played with her AAU team is why UT signed her, spacing and great ball movement and she becomes deadly.  The Moore girl, unreal high school talent and would probably be a higher recruit with better exposure in the summer but plays for her dad and plays in a much less competitive league than Tess as does the Callins girl at Westview, mom and dad both from Greenfield btw. I spoke to Coach Byrd (Belmont Men’s coach retired) and it was the first time to see Greenfield play, he helps Belmont’s women’s program recruit. They like the Moore kid but getting her enough money to go to Belmont is the problem ($40k) a year but with a partial scholarship she is still out a lot of money. BTW coached a couple of Byrd’s past and present players (Grayson Murphy) and Jesse Snyder graduated, so he asks my opinion. He says Greenfield is the best girls team he has ever seen in all classifications. (Guess he’s drinking the cool aid also). Greenfield would curb stomp Westview.  

lmao get out of here:lol: Westview by atleast 15.. all day any day of the week

37 minutes ago, TNSPORTS1234 said:

at least someone understands basketball. 

Yep. Your right! I was at that game. It was a close game best I remember. I kinda miss those Westview/GC matchups. That's why I said in my previous post. Westview was without one of their key players, so I don't put much thought into that win. Would be like us playing Westview in the days of Paige Duncan or Tiffany Atkins out of the game!

• Like 1