DA boys

DABears20

3 hours ago, CFAfan said:

Source? To my knowledge they are not even thru interviews yet. Would be curious to know who is so sure on the fact Coach Harper will not be coaching. 

Love all all this hearsay. Just points to bigger issue of lack of confidentiality. How does anyone know Coach Harper will not be coaching next year, especially if interviews are still happening? If Coach Harper wants the job, it should be his. End of discussion. Program needs stability. And, because he IS a stand-up guy, he would likely take the job back. He has taken a team to the state final four and he just won District Coach of the Year in 2018-19. How soon we forget!

I can understand the desire for those who are holding out hope that Coach Harper will take the team back over. BUT, 2 things are for certain.

1)the same admin just got rid of him 1 year ago (after winning district COY) for some reason so they would have to admit they were wrong in doing so. Dont see that too often.

2)the same admin let him go and HE would have forgive and try to forget that. Forgiving will be way easier than forgetting no coach wants to work with the question of loyalty in the back of their mind all the time. No way he could fully coach this team to his best abilities after the recent past they have. 

21 hours ago, 99Guy said:

I can understand the desire for those who are holding out hope that Coach Harper will take the team back over. BUT, 2 things are for certain.

1)the same admin just got rid of him 1 year ago (after winning district COY) for some reason so they would have to admit they were wrong in doing so. Dont see that too often.

2)the same admin let him go and HE would have forgive and try to forget that. Forgiving will be way easier than forgetting no coach wants to work with the question of loyalty in the back of their mind all the time. No way he could fully coach this team to his best abilities after the recent past they have. 

Exactly.

Any one know of people that have interviewed for the position or have interest in the job?

2 hours ago, DABears20 said:

Exactly.

Any one know of people that have interviewed for the position or have interest in the job?

Waiting on that info from you since you have the inside track enough to know at least 1 candidate who will not get the job. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 8:02 AM, DABears20 said:

Pretty remarkable that administration is taking this long with out communicating with our kids or responding to emails. Should not take this long.

Sadly, this process continues to drag on. There are no signs pointing to a selection anytime soon. This is not a difficult process. If teams are allowed to work out, lift, train, etc come June 1 DA will not in any way be prepared for that. DA will likely just skip summer work altogether simply because this is not important to the Administration/Headmaster. My guess is this drags on deep into June. Ridiculous and unacceptable!

1 hour ago, Bruin1 said:

Sadly, this process continues to drag on. There are no signs pointing to a selection anytime soon. This is not a difficult process. If teams are allowed to work out, lift, train, etc come June 1 DA will not in any way be prepared for that. DA will likely just skip summer work altogether simply because this is not important to the Administration/Headmaster. My guess is this drags on deep into June. Ridiculous and unacceptable!

Good to see other parents as frustrated as I am. Worried we will lose a few families in the program because of this. The administration doesn’t seem to care about this hire much at all. Is this an administration decision or an board decision? Either way it is a terrible look. Just give it to Coach Kevin and be done with it. Can’t see anyone who has interviewed (assuming that interviews have taken place) could still want this job. Basketball seems to be no where near as important as Football and it shows.

Edited by DABears20

3 hours ago, Bruin1 said:

Nolensville just completed a coaching search. Took 2 weeks. 

I would have to guess we are close to finding out who the coach is with school coming to a close. Are you hearing any names? 

I guess the best chance is going to be Coach Kevin after all. Didn’t think this would be the case early on. 

Edited by DABears20

This has taken ENTIRELY too long. Area schools have announced departures/firings, etc., held interviews and hired coaches - in some cases in less than two weeks per Bruin1 and it appears DA is no closer to a hire than they were when Coach Shaw said he was leaving at the first part of April. Two months? Are you kidding me?

I wouldn't blame anyone who left the team/school over this. Same thing happened with their girls' program when the current coach came in. They had him pegged, but dragged the whole thing out just to make some fake "splash" announcement with the hire. Disaster for that side of their program.

Who are the players who are supposedly leaving the boys' program? Practices should start up soon. What are they going to do without a coach in place?