Warren County 2020

PIONEERS12

24 minutes ago, razorsedge said:

8 is not ridiculous.

It may not be after all. We shall see. I think the Cookeville game will still be tough. Obviously, beating Oakland and Riverdale is out of the question. But I’ve already admitted in a previous post I was dead wrong about the Blackman game. Been amazing to see how the Blackman program has regressed under new leadership! I’ll stick with a 7-win prediction and 4th place finish. 

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

It may not be after all. We shall see. I think the Cookeville game will still be tough. Obviously, beating Oakland and Riverdale is out of the question. But I’ve already admitted in a previous post I was dead wrong about the Blackman game. Been amazing to see how the Blackman program has regressed under new leadership! I’ll stick with a 7-win prediction and 4th place finish. 

If they can beat Blackman, Riverdale is not out of the question

Warren Co. has had their fair share of lean years, since city and county schools consolidated in 1969. The state championship has also been elusive, since McMinnville High School won it in 1928.

The best records since consolidation are:

1983 - 10-2, lost in quarterfinals to Chattanooga McCallie. Only regular season loss was to state champion Germantown.

1980 - 11-2, lost in semi-finals to state champion Oak Ridge.

1973 - 10-1, lost in quarterfinals to state champion Baylor. Only undefeated regular season.

Pioneer fans are some of the most loyal in the state.  The 2020 team has already brought much excitement to Warren County in their first 5 games. Best of luck the rest of the season to the Pioneers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2020 at 5:38 PM, PIONEERS12 said:

Warren Co. has had their fair share of lean years, since city and county schools consolidated in 1969. The state championship has also been elusive, since McMinnville High School won it in 1928.

The best records since consolidation are:

1983 - 10-2, lost in quarterfinals to Chattanooga McCallie. Only regular season loss was to state champion Germantown.

1980 - 11-2, lost in semi-finals to state champion Oak Ridge.

1975 - 9-2, lost in first round of the playoffs.

1973 - 10-1, lost in quarterfinals to state champion Baylor. Only undefeated regular season.

Pioneer fans are some of the most loyal in the state.  The 2020 team has already brought much excitement to Warren County in their first 5 games. Best of luck the rest of the season to the Pioneers!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PIONEERS12 said:

7-0 record. An open date this week and fall break. Pioneers get rested up to finish strong in the final 3 games of the regular season and prepare for a dominate run in  the playoffs.

Gonna have a little bit of intrigue going into the last stretch of the season. Not sure WC can stay with Oakland for 4 quarters, but I've seen enough to think they have a legitimate chance to beat Riverdale

12 hours ago, PIONEERS12 said:

7-0 record. An open date this week and fall break. Pioneers get rested up to finish strong in the final 3 games of the regular season and prepare for a dominate run in  the playoffs.

A dominant run in the playoffs would be 3 wins in my opinion.  Highly unlikely, especially since you're sharing a bracket with Oakland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitan27 said:

A dominant run in the playoffs would be 3 wins in my opinion.  Highly unlikely, especially since you're sharing a bracket with Oakland.

At the very least two wins would be considered dominate. That is unlikely too. Time will tell. I think there could be a little cockiness developing, all for one particular standout season. I guess that’s normal with the past history and the future after this season. Pretty common for a program that is not in this position on a yearly basis and may not be for a long time.