Copper Basin @ Polk County

TheCommander

12 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I didn’t realize you was a Polk County boy!

Yep hated Davis leaving and been loyal to him all these years. Brewer took over a tough situation definitely wish him and my alma mater beat of luck and hope they get things turned around but it's going to take awhile. 

• Like 1

Excited for some Copper Basin football to be back around. Really glad this rivalry game isbeing continued and it’s fun having it to kick off the season. 

I’m interested to see what basin looks like this year. Lost a couple of good players to graduation. There’s no replacing a player like the Mickens kid (#24) on either side of the ball. The running game will suffer slightly with Bailey being gone as well but the youngin replacing him will be alright after getting a little experience being RB1. They have some promising kids returning to the receiving core along with the senior qb. With some new faces on the OL it will be interesting to see how they do. Defensively, I expect to see the cougars keep on improving. Got some kids out there that should be coming into their own this year and making plays.

I think this weeks matchup with Polk will depend a lot on the weather. After watching last years game against Andrews in terrible conditions, the power football style of Andrews got the best of the cougars and their pass heavy offense. I’m hoping that isn’t the case this week against Polk. Good conditions basin should win this thing by 2 scores. If it’s wet, expect a close one. 

• Like 1

I think the defense will be legit for Basin this year. I see Boggs stepping up and leading the defense. He's gonna have Patterson and Fair on each side of him. That's a tough trio, that isn't afraid to hit someone. I don't care if we play for a state title or not (I would love to see them do it), I'm just ready to watch some football.

Guest BoogerMan00

I’m looking forward to watching some cougar football this year. I’m excited to see the young Boggs lead the defense. Enjoyed watching his older brother lead the team. 

41 minutes ago, BoogerMan00 said:

Does anyone know what basin has in the back field this year? 

Sebastian Baliles right this kids name down! He works his tail end off, and I look for him to have a breakout year! The rest of our backfield is quite young, the cougars will be looking for someone else to rise up and help with the carries!

Game Day! Rainy in Southeast Tennessee this morning. Looking at the hourly forecast, its looking like a 50% chance of rain around kickoff and on through the night. Better break out the panchos just in case. My prediction for this one is the cougars will be back to back county champs after tonight. Gonna go cougars in a tight one, 26-20. Even with Polk being down, I don't see a blow out here. This is a rivalry game and they tend to stay close most of the time. Hope everyone has a great and safe night enjoying some all Polk County football. GO COUGARS!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FrogMountainRambler said:

Game Day! Rainy in Southeast Tennessee this morning. Looking at the hourly forecast, its looking like a 50% chance of rain around kickoff and on through the night. Better break out the panchos just in case. My prediction for this one is the cougars will be back to back county champs after tonight. Gonna go cougars in a tight one, 26-20. Even with Polk being down, I don't see a blow out here. This is a rivalry game and they tend to stay close most of the time. Hope everyone has a great and safe night enjoying some all Polk County football. GO COUGARS!

Last I heard, they're only allowing 1500 in the gate, so our guys and gals on this end of the county need to get there early to steal a few seats from big brother. Masks and exact change ($6) required. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheRefuter said:

Last I heard, they're only allowing 1500 in the gate, so our guys and gals on this end of the county need to get there early to steal a few seats from big brother. Masks and exact change ($6) required. 

Adding more to that, the Cougars only get 500 of them there tickets. Should be a good game there tonight I plan on showing up a few hours early with my poncho to watch some good old fashioned football. Everyone be safe tonight in travels.

On 8/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, TheCommander said:

Done my research and found him, he looks pretty impressive! How much orchestrating did that Grider man have to do to land him and his brother? lol Did Roy ride his goat over to Hixson and convince them?

They are twins as well as a sister so Roy had 3 goats with him . . .