WEEK 2: POWELL AT ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

Going to be an interesting game to say the least.  It is the 2nd Thursday Night Rivalry game of the year!  It is going to be Powell's first game of the year(due to the Greeneville game getting canceled) and Anderson Counties 2nd game of the year.  Last year was a great game.  AC was up most of the game then they simply ran out of gas.  Powell lost a lot of key players.  Especially on defense!  Being Powell's 1st game of the year, it may take them a few quarters to work out the kinks in there first live action of the year.  AC will have the leg up in my opinion, because they would of had 1 game under there belt, and a chance to work out the kinks in the week prior to.  I have Powell winning in a tight game 28-24.  I think Powell will ware them down up front and with the run game.  Just like last year.  Your guys thoughts?  

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Going to be an interesting game to say the least.  It is the 2nd Thursday Night Rivalry game of the year!  It is going to be Powell's first game of the year(due to the Greeneville game getting canceled) and Anderson Counties 2nd game of the year.  Last year was a great game.  AC was up most of the game then they simply ran out of gas.  Powell lost a lot of key players.  Especially on defense!  Being Powell's 1st game of the year, it may take them a few quarters to work out the kinks in there first live action of the year.  AC will have the leg up in my opinion, because they would of had 1 game under there belt, and a chance to work out the kinks in the week prior to.  I have Powell winning in a tight game 28-24.  I think Powell will ware them down up front and with the run game.  Just like last year.  Your guys thoughts?  

AC could possibly have the best team they have ever had as far as balance. But Powell will have had the advantage of seeing AC play and another week to prepare. The Defense did well last year but ran out of gas. The offence did well but ran out of plays last year. This will definitely be a game to see. But we have to get by Clinton which is adding some tricky, dimensions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC could possibly have the best team they have ever had as far as balance. But Powell will have had the advantage of seeing AC play and another week to prepare. The Defense did well last year but ran out of gas. The offence did well but ran out of plays last year. This will definitely be a game to see. But we have to get by Clinton which is adding some tricky, dimensions.

Well it looks like Powell got themselves a week 1 game.  Beech is coming to Powell to play on the 21st!  Should be a great game!

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

AC will be tough for us this Friday but I don't see this being the best AC team. I hear the scouting report shows  AC lost there top RB and WR from last year that was over 80% of the offense plus there offensive line. This AC team has a lot of players that really didn't do much on offense a year ago but the QB. I could see AC defense doing better than the offense this year. Clinton lost a lot last year so we are down I just want to see some fight out of this young Clinton team

59 minutes ago, Djohnson said:

AC will be tough for us this Friday but I don't see this being the best AC team. I hear the scouting report shows  AC lost there top RB and WR from last year that was over 80% of the offense plus there offensive line. This AC team has a lot of players that really didn't do much on offense a year ago but the QB. I could see AC defense doing better than the offense this year. Clinton lost a lot last year so we are down I just want to see some fight out of this young Clinton team

I am really not sure either about best balanced team ever. But this article could give some good insight from what my nephew (Coach) was saying. It's a good read. But who knows right. That's why we play the game. :)

https://www.wate.com/sports/high-school/pigskin-preview-anderson-county/

5 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I am really not sure either about best balanced team ever. But this article could give some good insight from what my nephew (Coach) was saying. It's a good read. But who knows right. That's why we play the game. :)

https://www.wate.com/sports/high-school/pigskin-preview-anderson-county/

It's going to be an absolute crap shoot for the first few weeks, since there were no scrimmages. For spread teams like AC, timing is a huge part of that offense, so I'm interested to see how that impacts them early on. Fortunately, they do have a great QB who clearly understands the system, so if there was ever a year to have a returning QB and/or a lot of returning starters, this would be it.

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

It's going to be an absolute crap shoot for the first few weeks, since there were no scrimmages. For spread teams like AC, timing is a huge part of that offense, so I'm interested to see how that impacts them early on. Fortunately, they do have a great QB who clearly understands the system, so if there was ever a year to have a returning QB and/or a lot of returning starters, this would be it.

Yeah that's true but we all are in same boat. Makes it a little interesting to say the least.

12 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Don't forfeit us if Greeneville gets to play us in the playoffs. You already lost your first game. Behind the eight Ball already.

We are in the works of replacing the Game for the off week but no one in GVegas is worried about cow town. COVID is going to impact a lot of teams this year. 
But obviously GREENEVILLE lives in Ac coaches head. All those Green Monday’s and all the talk each and every year. Gotta love seeing that disappointment at the end of the year at Ac though

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

We are in the works of replacing the Game for the off week but no one in GVegas is worried about cow town. COVID is going to impact a lot of teams this year. 
But obviously GREENEVILLE lives in Ac coaches head. All those Green Monday’s and all the talk each and every year. Gotta love seeing that disappointment at the end of the year at Ac though

Good to see you back Devilman. Hope you guys pick up a game as time is running out. LOL Green Monday's.