WEEK 2: POWELL AT ANDERSON COUNTY

keepitmoving

10 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

We are in the works of replacing the Game for the off week but no one in GVegas is worried about cow town. COVID is going to impact a lot of teams this year. 
But obviously GREENEVILLE lives in Ac coaches head. All those Green Monday’s and all the talk each and every year. Gotta love seeing that disappointment at the end of the year at Ac though

Take your poison West or Maryville. 

9 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I'm starting to worry about you Mavs in flight.  The simple fact you posted a Knoxville News ranking when everyone around here knows Knox News hasn't truly followed High School sports in years.  That same Jack Wagon (Who no one even knows around here) has Knox Central ranked 2nd ahead of Maryville if that tells you anything.....If you want to follow high school sports around here the people to follow is 5starpreps.  They have Greeneville ranked 8th and AC ranked 11th pre season and Central ranked 7th if that tells you the difference.  Jesse Smithey who runs the website actually goes and watched the area teams practice, interviews the coaches and players, writes articles about players and teams, etc.

https://www.5starpreps.com/articles/5star-preps-2020-preseason-top-15-football-teams/

On 8/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, Mavericksinflight said:

AC could possibly have the best team they have ever had as far as balance. But Powell will have had the advantage of seeing AC play and another week to prepare. The Defense did well last year but ran out of gas. The offence did well but ran out of plays last year. This will definitely be a game to see. But we have to get by Clinton which is adding some tricky, dimensions.

That's a little aggressive as far a "balance". Away game is the only advantage I give AC on this one. Powell has better athletes on both sides of the ball and even in the early games will be able to out athlete other team while working the kinks out. Best thing AC can do is slow the game and keep Powell's offense off the field, keep it close and win it in the 4th. Close game and should be fun to watch.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

That's a little aggressive as far a "balance". Away game is the only advantage I give AC on this one. Powell has better athletes on both sides of the ball and even in the early games will be able to out athlete other team while working the kinks out. Best thing AC can do is slow the game and keep Powell's offense off the field, keep it close and win it in the 4th. Close game and should be fun to watch.  

AC will run out of gas by the 4th.  A lot of there best players (if not all) play both ways.  Powell has MAJOR depth at all skill positions!  It will be close early on, but i think Powell will pull away in the second half.  Much like last year!   

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

I'm starting to worry about you Mavs in flight.  The simple fact you posted a Knoxville News ranking when everyone around here knows Knox News hasn't truly followed High School sports in years.  That same Jack Wagon (Who no one even knows around here) has Knox Central ranked 2nd ahead of Maryville if that tells you anything.....If you want to follow high school sports around here the people to follow is 5starpreps.  They have Greeneville ranked 8th and AC ranked 11th pre season and Central ranked 7th if that tells you the difference.  Jesse Smithey who runs the website actually goes and watched the area teams practice, interviews the coaches and players, writes articles about players and teams, etc.

https://www.5starpreps.com/articles/5star-preps-2020-preseason-top-15-football-teams/

Yeah I seen that lol. Hope you guys get to make up your game or is two can't remember.

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Good strategy. Powell lost a few so not sure how well they will do. Get more news when they play Beech. That should be a fun game.

54 minutes ago, keepitmoving said:

AC will run out of gas by the 4th.  A lot of there best players (if not all) play both ways.  Powell has MAJOR depth at all skill positions!  It will be close early on, but i think Powell will pull away in the second half.  Much like last year!   

I hope it's not like last year. At 28-12 last year I was bring down the house. I bet my life savings......and then.....  :(