Dobyns-Bennett @ TN High Week 1

LINEDAD

I expected this one to be going by now. Indians start the 100th season of football in the Stone Castle Friday night. 

I hope to see the game. TN High is not really onboard with selling tickets, or letting anyone know how to purchase tickets. Supposed to have link to purchase tickets on-line (ONLY) No tix to be sold Friday at game.

DB has most every skill position filled with veteran starters. Offense will be strong. Big line, veteran QB & RB's & WR's. Defense will be very strong even though graduating 2 top LB's. D has 6 DB's returning from a very good defensive backfield last year. Biggest challenge is finding a Kicker/Punter.

I will call a road win to start the season.

DB 35

TN 7

2 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

I expected this one to be going by now. Indians start the 100th season of football in the Stone Castle Friday night. 

I hope to see the game. TN High is not really onboard with selling tickets, or letting anyone know how to purchase tickets. Supposed to have link to purchase tickets on-line (ONLY) No tix to be sold Friday at game.

DB has most every skill position filled with veteran starters. Offense will be strong. Big line, veteran QB & RB's & WR's. Defense will be very strong even though graduating 2 top LB's. D has 6 DB's returning from a very good defensive backfield last year. Biggest challenge is finding a Kicker/Punter.

I will call a road win to start the season.

DB 35

TN 7

Sounds like a very solid DB team this year.Kickers and punters are game changers when everything else is fairly equal.Beating an average team by 30 points when your team missed an extra point  and had  a 10 yard punt might not get you beat that night . Against a second or third round team with field position or a game winning field goal at stake could make for a different outcome. I'm sure someone will step into those shoes if all goes well and this cloud hanging over will just move on and let the sun shine through.

A minimal number of tickets for the Tennessee High vs. Dobyns - Bennett High School football game will go on sale to the public Wednesday, August 19, at noon. The tickets must be purchased online at GoFan.com. Tickets WILL NOT be available at the gate.

During these unprecedented times, while attending games in the Stone Castle, we must abide by the following guidelines:

• All tickets are General Admission.
• Everyone’s temperature will be taken before entry into the Stone Castle.
• Face covering is required.
• Social distancing is STRONGLY required.
• An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
• The Tennessee High student section will have limited space, and social distancing and face coverings will be strictly enforced.
• Tennessee High home football games will be live-streamed on the THS Athletics channel at Youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRhtUw5LX7usPqWDETLld2w

2 hours ago, THSVikings2004 said:

A minimal number of tickets for the Tennessee High vs. Dobyns - Bennett High School football game will go on sale to the public Wednesday, August 19, at noon. The tickets must be purchased online at GoFan.com. Tickets WILL NOT be available at the gate.

During these unprecedented times, while attending games in the Stone Castle, we must abide by the following guidelines:

• All tickets are General Admission.
• Everyone’s temperature will be taken before entry into the Stone Castle.
• Face covering is required.
• Social distancing is STRONGLY required.
• An adult must accompany children under the age of 14.
• The Tennessee High student section will have limited space, and social distancing and face coverings will be strictly enforced.
• Tennessee High home football games will be live-streamed on the THS Athletics channel at Youtube.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRhtUw5LX7usPqWDETLld2w

No question in my mind that the Castle is a place everyone should visit atleast once to watch a football game or just to see the history and old beauty of the Stone Castle.The hardest rain that I ever sat in for a high school game was a DB vs TH game several years ago in the Castle. The coldest was a playoff game between DB and SH in JC. Both were also big wins for the home teams.Maybe it will be clear for this one ! Although I'd love to come on up after getting my ticket tomorrow online,I'll step to the side and give every parent and family member for both sides players,band and cheerleaders an equal chance to watch their sons and daughters perform.That's  something they will cherish for the rest of their lives. Oh ,the parents and family members will also enjoy being there .......

1 hour ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Maybe this link will work https://gofan.co/app/school/TN8201

Purchased two tickets online when the link went live.  Southwest Virginia has used GoFan for years for pre-sale tickets and it works well... except for the one time that I was in an area with no cell signal and couldn't show them my tickets!  Lol.  Luckily they let me in without paying anything extra, and good thing as it was a state quarterfinal girls basketball game.

32 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Got our tickets. Good chance of thunderstorms though. Hope we get to see our grandson get some late PT before we head back home to Florida on Sunday. Wonder how many tickets they set the cap at?

D-B Twitter account said 250 were allotted for each school I believe as far as the general public.  I think parents and students are not part of that 250 though, cause surely they're going to allow more than 500 fans in the stadium?

I see you over on the SWVA board too man, would be great to say hello Friday night if you have time.  :)

6 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

D-B Twitter account said 250 were allotted for each school I believe as far as the general public.  I think parents and students are not part of that 250 though, cause surely they're going to allow more than 500 fans in the stadium?

I see you over on the SWVA board too man, would be great to say hello Friday night if you have time.  :)

Absolutely! We may end up standing in the end zone if they allow that because we left our seat cushions in Florida. Looks like there's a good chance for rain and thunderstorms too. Par for the course for opening night. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I got 6 tickets and most everybody that I have talked to has tickets (4-8 each). I expect there will 1,000 or more in the stadium. I don't think it rains, but if it does, it will not stop the Indian fans from coming out in mass to support this team. It has been a long time coming. 

DB Defense is looking really good and the O-Line is as good as you could ask for. 

• Like 1