Dobyns-Bennett @ TN High Week 1

LINEDAD

3 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Region 6A team playing tonight

Dobyns-Bennett (R1-6A) @ Tennessee High (R1-5A) - DB won by 3 TD's last season.

Bradley Central (R2-6A) @ Farragut (R1-6A) - Farragut won a close game last season

Johnson City (R1-6A) looses bad @ Elizabethton (R1-4A) - Elizabethton won a close game last season

↑↑ This one is on WCYB-TV ↑↑ tonight

Oak Ridge (R2-5A) @ Hardin Valley (R1-6A) - HV won a close game last season

Jefferson Co (R1-6A) @ Sevier Co (R2-5A) - Jeff Co won big last season

Bearden is watching football and taking temperatures for 2 weeks and not sure about Morristown West - they must be doing the same thing. 

Yes. Both Morristowns are off at least this week. Not sure about week 2.

30 minutes ago, THSVikings2004 said:

Video and the audio could be better.

Yeah the audio lags the video by 10-15 seconds, but that's better than the other way around.  And the ads are a bit crazy at times, but hey, can't look a gift horse in the mouth I guess, especially during 2020.  It's great to see some football again!

11 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Waco he's still there #5 Jaden keller, but db is too big and physical for tn high, this game is a foregone conclusion, I look for everybody that dress to get some playing time. Db has to double Jaden at all times, I look for them to mix him up in the backfield and run some Wildcat with him at qb, he's going to make a couple plays tonight that you sitback and say that's too good but the tribes roll big db 49 Jaden keller 7

Although DB's secondary did improve last year it wasn't a earth shattering change. I'd say they went from terrible to not very good. I did think they played fairly well in a couple games. Keller will give them a good gauge to see what they've learned over the spring and summer. I've seen DB get beat by one player more than once. 

37 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

35-0 final... Tesnear had a fantastic game... Whitson looked crisp back in the pocket.  Keller was more or less a non factor on offense but had a monster hit on defense on a pass over the middle.  I think Tennessee High had 12 yards of total offense in the first half.

Tesnear had 194yrds. and came out of the game midway through the third quarter. Trent Cody  just shut Keller down. I think he caught one pass for short yardage. Cody also had one int. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Tesnear had 194yrds. and came out of the game midway through the third quarter. Trent Cody  just shut Keller down. I think he caught one pass for short yardage. Cody also had one int. 

I listen to the game on the radio, you might have been in person so you will know a lot more of what really went on then me, but just listening on the radio db defensive front just man handled tn high offensive line an their qb didn't have any time to sit back in the pocket, so everything was just quick slants. That made it easier for Cody to guard Keller, keller didn't have a chance for any separation, still Cody did a tremendous job, I did hear once tn high qb had some breathing room and let it rip downfield and it was 1 on 1 coverage and I can't remember if that was the play Cody got the interception or he just made a great defensive play. I listen to the players and coaches interviews after the game and they said that was their gameplan that Keller wasn't going to beat us.

It's only 1 game but there might be something to put a lot of smiles on people faces in Kingsport and I'm not talking about Pals.

• Thanks 1