Ripley @ Fairview

Allthetalk

Ripley was pretty good last season. They moved the ball on the ground against our 2019 defense, which was perhaps the best D I have ever seen Covington put on the field. 

I'll be interested to see the outcome here. I know Fairview has played pretty well the last couple of years.

Per the Sonny-Moore preseason power rankings, Fairview is 18'points better than Ripley, plus 3 for home field advantage, putting the point spread at 21. Let's see how it ends up on the field.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

Ripley has been to the 2nd Round of the Class 4A State Playoffs in each of the last two seasons.  They are definitely a program on the rise and are looking to come to Middle-TN this week to showcase themselves for this area of the state to see.  Hoping Ripley's players, coaches, cheerleaders, and fans have a safe trip to Fairview for Friday's game.  If the forecast is correct it looks like it could be a wet one.  

16 minutes ago, Allthetalk said:

After watching both of these team's week 1 games on youtube, I think this game is going to be a good one. I don't know about any lopsided scores in this one. 

I agree. 2 solid running attacks. I think whoever has the better defense wins but could be decided by a turnover as well. 

10 hours ago, flyintheointment2019 said:

Ripley wins 20-14.  Fairview is about to play a good football team for once and they are gonna get exposed for what they are.  We are gonna beat them next week

You may be right about Ripley beating us but if Cheatham county even scores on us I'll be shocked. You'll probably have a different outlook after you get violated by 2a Lewis County this week. We won't see you again til next August. :grin: