Week 3 - TCA Lions @ USJ Bruins

Bellsburg2

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Question: Difference between TCA this year and the team(s) from 3-4 years ago? I’m taking that the playmakers just aren’t there for the Purple and Black...

The talent is not at the level it was. We do have athletes but as my father had always said, TCA has the runts of the group from Jackson. We never have the beef. I would Love for Nick to get a hold of our boys in the off season and get some beef on our kids. My son used to work with Nick when He was in school and Nick was at Solus.  My son made his biggest gains with Nick. Usj is lucky to have him. Heck even usj second team was bigger than our starters. But also I will Give usj this. From middle school to high school the Bruin guys get a new attitude that parlays on to field. They get a toughness that TCA misses. How does that get instilled into the young men. Good luck to the Bruins rest of the season. Also to all that think I am Thin skinned you are sorely incorrect. I can Handle criticism  comments that we may suck. But if you want to be a thin foreskin  And do digs to just be a foreskin then I will Defend and fight back. We knew what the out come would be this game but the original thread made it to where it would not be good banter about football. So on to next week and until next year. 

54 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

The talent is not at the level it was. We do have athletes but as my father had always said, TCA has the runts of the group from Jackson. We never have the beef. I would Love for Nick to get a hold of our boys in the off season and get some beef on our kids. My son used to work with Nick when He was in school and Nick was at Solus.  My son made his biggest gains with Nick. Usj is lucky to have him. Heck even usj second team was bigger than our starters. But also I will Give usj this. From middle school to high school the Bruin guys get a new attitude that parlays on to field. They get a toughness that TCA misses. How does that get instilled into the young men. Good luck to the Bruins rest of the season. Also to all that think I am Thin skinned you are sorely incorrect. I can Handle criticism  comments that we may suck. But if you want to be a thin foreskin  And do digs to just be a foreskin then I will Defend and fight back. We knew what the out come would be this game but the original thread made it to where it would not be good banter about football. So on to next week and until next year. 

Well said. I believed that this game was going to be closer than what the scoreboard indicated...

I have learned 1 cold hard fact this season... I DONT KNOW @$%@!!!! 

TCA played my hornets last week. They were held scoreless.... BUT, they shot themselves in the foot a bunch. I felt like USJ was favored, but not by this score. 

TCA has a bunch of awesome people. I wish them the best going forward. 

Coach Butler is a world class guy. 

BigEdMo, I think the toughness USJ shows comes directly from the head coach. Stroup is a good man, but he does have an edge about him.

The same was true with Marley, though of course he had a whole lot of edge! 

I think having a little bit of that really benefits the boys with it being a private school and blah blah. It was something I thought we'd lost under Bradley. It took Stroup a couple years but it's back now in spades.

Have to admit I thought for a moment we might be in for a barn burner when TCA threw that bomb TD pass. Never can count you guys out to figure out an offense over the course of the season. This one was lopsided, but the cupboard isn't bare. Good luck to the Lions the rest of the year!

10 minutes ago, Kublah said:

BigEdMo, I think the toughness USJ shows comes directly from the head coach. Stroup is a good man, but he does have an edge about him.

The same was true with Marley, though of course he had a whole lot of edge! 

I think having a little bit of that really benefits the boys with it being a private school and blah blah. It was something I thought we'd lost under Bradley. It took Stroup a couple years but it's back now in spades.

Have to admit I thought for a moment we might be in for a barn burner when TCA threw that bomb TD pass. Never can count you guys out to figure out an offense over the course of the season. This one was lopsided, but the cupboard isn't bare. Good luck to the Lions the rest of the year!

Stroup is a good one. I have Watched him since he was at Scotts Hill. With his edge, being a mentor to his guys is not lost. He teaches and leads them with out coddling them. Kids respect that. Good luck the test of the season. I see You guys there in the end. 

• Like 1