Week 4 - Oak Ridge @ Farragut

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

Speaking of Jackson, nobody has mentioned this but I will. I'm not one to bash coaches but Gaddis is STUPID for not playing Jackson tonight! What's he holding him back for????  Jackson was running, jumping, spinning, leaping, and sprinting up and down the sidelines all night long. Why Gaddis didn't play him is a JOKE! He looked like the healthiest back on either team! Am I the only one who saw this? If Jackson plays, OR might just win. I'm at a complete loss to understand the reason Gaddis didn't play him. He looked 100% in the pregame before the CC game too. What's going on?

Could it have been disciplinary?  That's usually what it means when is a kid is "injured" but they look fine.  I definitely have no clue; just asking.

REPORT CARD TIME

OFFENSIVE LINE -  F

WIDE RECEIVERS  - A - They all played very well

RB - F - He was running and jumping all over the sidelines and it's a crime that he didn't play. He is either in trouble (his fault) or Gaddis is holding out a perfectly healthy running back (Gaddis's fault)

QB - A - I'll take his play in this game all year long

KICKERS - F - OR can't make an extra point...enough said

DEFENSIVE LINE - F - Couldn't stop the run nor pressure the QB

LB - F - See comments for defensive line

DB - F - They were lost

COACHING - F - No adjustments to stop the Farragut offense and Gaddis should have played Jackson since he was obviously healthy with the way he was running and jumping all over the sidelines

1 hour ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Said it in an earlier post before the game, key in on #20 and make the rest of the team beat you. OR decided to let White beat them by himself. Bad game plan all the way around by Gaddis, better team athletes on OR but better player was #20. Hats off to Moore for having a good night in the air after the West game. 

You’re right. Farragut ran the ball pretty well, but our run defense did enough to win the game so long as we contain #20, and.....we didn’t. Like you said, the guy singlehandedly beat OR last night. I’m never one to call out coaches, but that was one of the most embarrassing coaching jobs I’ve seen by our staff on a lot of fronts. I’m speechless as to how we never made adjustments on defense. They are to blame for a lot of this by continuously putting our kids in bad situations repetitively, especially #17. It was obvious that they were picking on him and trying to purposely exploit him last night in coverage, and the coaches (as I’ve said till I’m blue in the face) never adjusted.  All I can say is...........WOW.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

You’re right. Farragut ran the ball pretty well, but our run defense did enough to win the game so long as we contain #20, and.....we didn’t. Like you said, the guy singlehandedly beat OR last night. I’m never one to call out coaches, but that was one of the most embarrassing coaching jobs I’ve seen by our staff on a lot of fronts. I’m speechless as to how we never made adjustments on defense. They are to blame for a lot of this by continuously putting our kids in bad situations repetitively, especially #17. It was obvious that they were picking on him and trying to purposely exploit him last night in coverage, and the coaches (as I’ve said till I’m blue in the face) never adjusted.  All I can say is...........WOW.

That fair. You turn on the film from West you were given the blueprint on what to do against Farragut.