Meigs County (3-0) @ Clinton (0-3)

92Dragon

1 hour ago, 92Dragon said:

Another tough opponent for the Dragons this week at home. #1 in the state in 2A comes to town.

Clinton will have their work cut out for them. But I can assure you one thing. Clinton will play hard until the final whistle blows.

Thoughts/Predictions?

Hey man, was wondering if you were gonna make a thread. Had been checking the 5 and 6a threads to see if you had since its home for you all.

Have been told you guys are a passing team first this year. That's something we've been addressing since game one and slowly working out the kinks. Not sure if we are ready for an air raid lol, but will hopefully keep it respectable. Did you graduate a runner in #15 that you had last year? 

19 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Hey man, was wondering if you were gonna make a thread. Had been checking the 5 and 6a threads to see if you had since its home for you all.

Have been told you guys are a passing team first this year. That's something we've been addressing since game one and slowly working out the kinks. Not sure if we are ready for an air raid lol, but will hopefully keep it respectable. Did you graduate a runner in #15 that you had last year? 

I suspect you all should win this game by 14 at least.

57 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I suspect you all should win this game by 14 at least.

They were the third best team we played during the regular season last year. It was between them and Oneida last year best guess for 3rd. They will definitely challenge us in the secondary from what I'm told. If we manage to just get a win I'll be happy. 

13 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

They were the third best team we played during the regular season last year. It was between them and Oneida last year best guess for 3rd. They will definitely challenge us in the secondary from what I'm told. If we manage to just get a win I'll be happy. 

As you should against a 5A or 6A

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Yes I believe#15 graduated. Clinton is a very young team this year. We played 8 freshmen last week.  

We had more rushing yards than passing yards against AC in week 1, but last week against Knox Halls it was the other way around. I guess we just try to take what the defense is giving us.

12 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Yes I believe#15 graduated. Clinton is a very young team this year. We played 8 freshmen last week.  

We had more rushing yards than passing yards against AC in week 1, but last week against Knox Halls it was the other way around. I guess we just try to take what the defense is giving us.

Sounds about right I guess, go with what's working. We are a different team somewhat as well this far. We pass alot more to open up the run probably best way to describe us this year. So far we are decent at both. How is your school doing tickets this year? Are you limiting or anything like that? Being 5A I assume you have a larger capacity seating so hopefully that would allow for more tickets being sold regardless. Played 8 freshman last week is alot of young guys. Not sure the exact numbers but we probably play more juniors than anything.

11 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Sounds about right I guess, go with what's working. We are a different team somewhat as well this far. We pass alot more to open up the run probably best way to describe us this year. So far we are decent at both. How is your school doing tickets this year? Are you limiting or anything like that? Being 5A I assume you have a larger capacity seating so hopefully that would allow for more tickets being sold regardless. Played 8 freshman last week is alot of young guys. Not sure the exact numbers but we probably play more juniors than anything.

We've been selling tickets at the school for parents getting first dibs. Then students and whatever is left over will be sold during school hours and online only from my understanding. No ticket sales at the gate unless they've changed it 

There was only 500 tickets available for Clinton fans for the AC game. Supposedly AC only sold tickets during school hours and online also.

This sure is a strange time we live in with all this Covid-19 smh.

26 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

We've been selling tickets at the school for parents getting first dibs. Then students and whatever is left over will be sold during school hours and online only from my understanding. No ticket sales at the gate unless they've changed it 

There was only 500 tickets available for Clinton fans for the AC game. Supposedly AC only sold tickets during school hours and online also.

This sure is a strange time we live in with all this Covid-19 smh.

Yeah, been a hard time for everyone I believe. I really hate to hear that as far as the fans go, as big a school as you have I would have thought there to be 2000 tickets at a guess.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, been a hard time for everyone I believe. I really hate to hear that as far as the fans go, as big a school as you have I would have thought there to be 2000 tickets at a guess.

Should be no less.This is crazy.Go read the sports paper and look at the volleyball fans!!!On top of each other no masks and inside.WE ARE OUTSIDE!!!Should be no limits at all.IMO

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Should be no less.This is crazy.Go read the sports paper and look at the volleyball fans!!!On top of each other no masks and inside.WE ARE OUTSIDE!!!Should be no limits at all.IMO

I say 2000 because I believe that's what South Pittsburg is doing and being 1A I assumed their facilities would be smaller than a 5A schools would be at a guess. This #15 here is the player I was referring too? Hes graduated you say @92Dragon

He reminds me of Trousdales #5 Rankins maybe just a little bigger I think. He was a load for sure.

Edited by Imthayeti