Hickman Co at Lewis Co

ddaddy

8 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Man y’all have flexed from the start of season and haven’t ’let up. I’m kinda worried now lol

You know Lewis Co man. Don’t get too hyped. They are back where they used to be. Regular season Champions so far. They are known for going 10-0, 9-1 in regular season, then a quick exit in the playoffs. Gonna have to see how they finish.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trollin said:

You know Lewis Co man. Don’t get too hyped. They are back where they used to be. Regular season Champions so far. They are known for going 10-0, 9-1 in regular season, then a quick exit in the playoffs. Gonna have to see how they finish.

Everybody can't win a gold ball every year like your Waverly Tigers. I guess they will have to build a new trophy case to hold all their State Championship trophies 

44 minutes ago, justoldguy said:

Everybody can't win a gold ball every year like your Waverly Tigers. I guess they will have to build a new trophy case to hold all their State Championship trophies 

Man. That’s was a great comeback. Did you think of that all by yourself? Good for you. Same ol Lewis County until they prove otherwise

Man. That’s was a great comeback. Did you think of that all by yourself? Good for you. Same ol Lewis County until they prove otherwise

With Waverly’s 18 playoff wins to LC 29 PO wins I’m sure you are the expert on how to advance in the playoffs . And for the record LC has been to the semis a couple of times and have been put out by eventual state champs.

24 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

With Waverly’s 18 playoff wins to LC 29 PO wins I’m sure you are the expert on how to advance in the playoffs . And for the record LC has been to the semis a couple of times and have been put out by eventual state champs.

Lmao all you cry babies trying to compare and throw shade at Waverly. I’m not talking about Waverly. I know what Waverly has and has not done. I also know that Lewis Co has a lot to prove before they start getting praised for winning 6 straight against opponents who are 11-24 on the season. They need to prove it in the playoffs. They always have great seasons but always lose in 1st or 2nd rounds. 

Since 2001 (19 years) Lewis Co has made it past the 2nd rd 4 times. 2001 2002 2003 2013. Only once have they made it to semi finals. 2013.  8 first rd exits. 7 second rd exits. Only 2 Quarter Final appearance in 17 years

So what was I saying.... yup. Need to prove themselves in the playoffs before they get praised. 

3 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Lmao all you cry babies trying to compare and throw shade at Waverly. I’m not talking about Waverly. I know what Waverly has and has not done. I also know that Lewis Co has a lot to prove before they start getting praised for winning 6 straight against opponents who are 11-24 on the season. They need to prove it in the playoffs. They always have great seasons but always lose in 1st or 2nd rounds. 

Since 2001 (19 years) Lewis Co has made it past the 2nd rd 4 times. 2001 2002 2003 2013. Only once have they made it to semi finals. 2013.  8 first rd exits. 7 second rd exits. Only 2 Quarter Final appearance in 17 years

So what was I saying.... yup. Need to prove themselves in the playoffs before they get praised. 

Take out your self admitted most talented 4 years and do the same comparison for Waverly. I think you will see very few deep advances in the playoffs. Some of LC ‘s season success was a result of a good program and “early exits “ were warranted. Some were upsets and an underachievement. I’ll give you that. LC has a solid program who does have big time players. In fact there has never been a LC player play major college on scholarship. Each year stands on it’s own and every team is different with LC and Waverly.  This year’s LC is better than most.

19 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Ha! The good ole regular season paper champions of Lewis County.

See, when you have friends in the t$$aa  that always make sure you are in a region, you will be first or second. Hence, you always play the worst team(s) in the first/second round. That is why they are the regular season paper champions!

3 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

Take out your self admitted most talented 4 years and do the same comparison for Waverly. I think you will see very few deep advances in the playoffs. Some of LC ‘s season success was a result of a good program and “early exits “ were warranted. Some were upsets and an underachievement. I’ll give you that. LC has a solid program who does have big time players. In fact there has never been a LC player play major college on scholarship. Each year stands on it’s own and every team is different with LC and Waverly.  This year’s LC is better than most.

Again talking about Waverly. It’s not about Waverly. I’m talking about Lewis County. I’m talking one coach. Coach Sharp. But since you want to talk about Waverly, let’s do that. Bottom line about Waverly is the administration gave ZERO about football. Waverly was all about Basketball. Agree? Thought so. So in the past up until McConnell, the Administration has hired flat out crappy coaches. Hence the crappy records until McConnell. McConnell was hired to turn football around and that’s exactly what he did. It helped that Waverly was absolutely loaded with Talent for the 5 years he was there. (You see how he is doing at Camden with no talent) But I will promise you this, look at us now with Coach Boldin, a home grown Waverly Alumni who in his first year took a (mediocre Waverly team that wasn’t good enough for McConnell and NO quarterback) and STILL went to the quarter finals in his first year. Y’all just buckle up because Coach Boldin isn’t leaving like McConnell did. Let’s see what his next 19 years looks like. :bored:

22 minutes ago, Trollin said:

Again talking about Waverly. It’s not about Waverly. I’m talking about Lewis County. I’m talking one coach. Coach Sharp. But since you want to talk about Waverly, let’s do that. Bottom line about Waverly is the administration gave ZERO about football. Waverly was all about Basketball. Agree? Thought so. So in the past up until McConnell, the Administration has hired flat out crappy coaches. Hence the crappy records until McConnell. McConnell was hired to turn football around and that’s exactly what he did. It helped that Waverly was absolutely loaded with Talent for the 5 years he was there. (You see how he is doing at Camden with no talent) But I will promise you this, look at us now with Coach Boldin, a home grown Waverly Alumni who in his first year took a (mediocre Waverly team that wasn’t good enough for McConnell and NO quarterback) and STILL went to the quarter finals in his first year. Y’all just buckle up because Coach Boldin isn’t leaving like McConnell did. Let’s see what his next 19 years looks like. :bored:

That’s a deal, now that all your administrative excuses are gone the next 19 should be great.. I’ve always had respect for Waverly even when they were underachieving during the season and in the playoffs (because of the administration of course). In my opinion, the best Coach Waverly has had was Coach Hampton who I knew and respected very much. Hopefully LC and Waverly can meet this  year in the 2nd or 3rd round and LC’s underachieving will come to an end.

6 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

That’s a deal, now that all your administrative excuses are gone the next 19 should be great.. I’ve always had respect for Waverly even when they were underachieving during the season and in the playoffs (because of the administration of course). In my opinion, the best Coach Waverly has had was Coach Hampton who I knew and respected very much. Hopefully LC and Waverly can meet this  year in the 2nd or 3rd round and LC’s underachieving will come to an end.

Looking forward to it, let’s meet in Quarters.