2 WEEKS AWAY: POWELL AT WEST 10/9

keepitmoving

10 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Powell's SOS is definitely better to this point, but Farragut and OR are no slouch.

Agreed, but no where near the strength that Powell has played.  West has had no adversity at all.  So it will be interesting to see how they respond to adversity. 

Edited by keepitmoving

9 minutes ago, guthook said:

I said i agreed.  I don't understand though.  They haven't been dominant?  Or they've dominated weak teams.  Yall are confusing me.

lol.  West has dominated teams they should dominate.  Like I mentioned before, it will be interesting to see how they respond to adversity vs Powell.  Cause Powell is gonna put up points and cause problems for West that they haven't seen all year.  All in all it will be a great game.  

19 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Powell is averaging 30pts per game against 3 of the state's best teams AC, Beech and Central. West defense could cut into that margin but Powell this year comes out quick gets most points in first half. The second have total point is questionable. 

Agreed.  If West had the strength of schedule of Beech or Anderson County, then it might be a game.  Instead they've schedule these cupcakes like OR and Farragut.

1 hour ago, guthook said:

Agreed.  If West had the strength of schedule of Beech or Anderson County, then it might be a game.  Instead they've schedule these cupcakes like OR and Farragut.

Just to bring a bit of prespective from a numbers standpoint. Power Ranking and Strength of schedule from the above mentioned teams. All numbers rounded because i'm lazy. 

Add +2 points to the difference in PR to the home team to get the predicted line

PR    SOS

West       146  119

Powell     145  129

Beech      141  138

Farragut   140  139

Oak Ridge 137  127

Central      135  124

AC               132  109

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OldandBusted said:

Just to bring a bit of prespective from a numbers standpoint. Power Ranking and Strength of schedule from the above mentioned teams. All numbers rounded because i'm lazy. 

Add +2 points to the difference in PR to the home team to get the predicted line

PR    SOS

West       146  119

Powell     145  129

Beech      141  138

Farragut   140  139

Oak Ridge 137  127

Central      135  124

In this scenario West would be a 3 point favorite at home against Powell.

2 minutes ago, OldandBusted said:

PR    SOS

West       146  119

Powell     145  129

Beech      141  138

Farragut   140  139

Oak Ridge 137  127

Central      135  124

so the predicted line for Powell vs. AC should be +15?

53 minutes ago, OldandBusted said:

PR    SOS

West       146  119

Powell     145  129

Beech      141  138

Farragut   140  139

Oak Ridge 137  127

Central      135  124

Here is the real strength of schedule per unapproved website 

10 Powell 6-0 9.5 +1
12 West (Knoxville) 6-0 1.5

+1

So as you can see.  Powell strength of schedule is 9.5 and West is 1.5 so not sure how you arrived at your numbers?  

Edited by keepitmoving