Maryville

MaryvilleRebels

The Maryville Rebels have started the season so far 2-0, 4-0 counting the exhibition games. They have played Campbell County and Kingsport and they beat both by 40+ points. Maryville got off to a quick start against both and never let up. The real test will be Tuesday at Farragut against Farragut, I personally think Maryville can take them, any thoughts!?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville looked dominate in the Seymour Tourney... too bad they weren't in the Jeff County tourney which actually would have given some competition. Once Maryville gets their football players back, they will have a formidable starting lineup in Lee Humphrey at the point, Gaskin(6/5) and Tipton(6/5) on the wings, and a pair of 6/4 posts in Stout and Houser. Not the quickest team around, but extremely long and lanky...... Lee Humphrey was absolutely unstoppable at Seymour...

Actually they seem to be a very fast team, for 5 white guys anyway. The slowest is Jacob Stout, the center. Drew Houser is a 6'5" wing/post who is pretty quick for his size and has close to a 40 inch vert. he scored 20 and 23 consecutively in his last two games. Lee is well...Lee, he's had 20 points for 3 in a row I believe. Gaskin is a quick and lanky 6'5" and Andy Tipton is a tall, lanky 6'6" who can run as well. Well I said 4-0 counting the exhibitions because the exhibitions do count on stats, just not win/loss. However, the point was that they haven't lost yet, despite it being early in the season. Fulton played us pretty closly, but we didn't play well. I know all you Science Hill boys want to get on here and say Maryville is nothing until they beat Science Hill, but you're nothing until you beat Maryville! Ohh year by the way, if you lose to Maryville tell me how it feels to lose to a school with about 300 less students than you! Every single team in Maryville's region is a bigger school than they are, and still Maryville find their way into the top three most every year...hmm!?