Maryville

MaryvilleRebels

Maryville just played like crap tonight! Only one player was in doubt digits and that was Lee with 14. We had 5 airballs in the first quarter alone. We missed more shots than we made! From what I can tell Farragut is bad and luckily caught Maryville on an off night. The refs were pretty bad tonight and I'm stealing a quote from a Campbell County fan when I say..."Ref this is not AT&T...that was a long distance call!" The refs that were farthest from the play were making the calls while the closer refs held out. The refs were bad for both teams, but poor shooting my Maryville is what cost them the game!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville will have Tyler Gaskin, Tyler Buckley, Antonio Byner, and Chris Voto back. Gaskin is a player that will help. He played for the Breakers this summer with Tipton and Stout. The other three will be good bench players. Gaskin, Buck, and Voto are juniors while Byner is a sophmore.

Maryville can't blame football on this or any other loss. The team we have without the football players should win this year's schedule. We just couldn't shoot! Period!

I know a team will have a bad shooting night! That stuff happens. What I didn't like about last nights game was that Farragut outhustled Maryville. Farragut give more effort. They wanted the game more.

Maryville is not good enough to where they can just show up and win. They have to play with desire and heart.

Look the game is over. yall lost. farragut just outhustled maryville. u are not as good as u think and this aint football. with all that talent on that team, u should be top 10 in state, with or without tyler gaskin. and until u realize that lee is not goin to make every shot, u better hope teams wont do u like billy blount did last year and double team him. good luck wit ur next game.

Roz buddy, you don't know what you're talking about! Marville as a team shot the ball 59 times and made 18 buckets...18!! We couldn't make layups, we couldn't make jumpers, we couldn't make free throws. We looked like blind men shooting! We weren't outhustled, we were beat by a few bad calls and a bad shooting night. You may say I'm only making an excuse with the refs, but I'm not! The refs were very quick to make a call in the first half, the second half they barely called anything. Last time I checked when a defensive player makes a steal and knocks the ball away from the offensive player, there cannot be a foul. No one had possesion and the offensive, Farragut, player ran into our defensive player and our player picked up the foul. That "foul" gave them the lead with 1:04 to play! The game should not have been close at all, Maryville had an off night and we got beat. It wasn't good defensive against Lee Humphrey or good overall defense, it was bad shooting by Maryville. This basketball team doesn't use Lee as their whole offense, they spread it out. Drew Houser is right up there with Lee Humphrey in the points category. Everyone wants to prove they are good enough, but they won't sacrifice the team to do it. They beat themselves last night, plain and simple! When someone really beats them then you will see me here admitting it, but Farragut lucked out last night and caught us on a really bad day!