Week 7 -- Jefferson County at D-B (hopefully)

TribalEmpire

36 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

Well, "good ole times" are back. Do not be surprised if DB loses this. Oh, I know.  Clark is back l for Homecoming. Ugly. Very ugly. But winning in spite of the sloppiness of the offense. 

I was thinking Clark must be calling the plays until those last two passes by Whitson. No way Clark would of called that.

15 minutes ago, DBGRAD70 said:

They seem to be finding more of their mojo. Discipline is the problem just as mike says.

You are 100% correct. Second half was much better, good play calling, good blocking, only two penalties. They did get a personal foul penalty in there in the third quarter. I was beginning to think they might go a whole game without one but it wasn't to be. Kicker can't kick an extra point. I'd go for two every time. Because of the opponent and the first half play I'd give DB a C- for this game.

Good win ,now it's time to play smart and cut out the penalties. Farragut will be a test for sure and a great chance to see where the team is.I don't know what to say about the extra points.Young man needs to have a short memory and just kick it like he does probably a hundred times a day.Easy for me to say but I know he is capable and he has to just believe it first.Playoff seeding will be huge for this next game.

Went back and watched the band at the half and have to say with all the hurdles of 2020,you really have to take your hat off to the job Lafe Cook and everyone with the band as well as the students have done this year.We kind of take that for granted because the band is always so good  and without question one of the best in the country every year.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

Went back and watched the band at the half and have to say with all the hurdles of 2020,you really have to take your hat off to the job Lafe Cook and everyone with the band as well as the students have done this year.We kind of take that for granted because the band is always so good  and without question one of the best in the country every year.

One things for sure. At DB, when the band shows up.... they show up. Wish we could get the football team in that frame of mind. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

2018 Class AAA National Champions at Bands of America