Scotts hill vs Hickman County

Pantherpride45

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to "meet" Pantherpride45 and Bigpun54! 

Game was competitive throughout, and though we're finally playing as a team, still making what looks like week one mistakes. With limited practice time, no scrimmages, 2 QB's out, starting lineups changing as often as underwear due to contact tracing, and being a young team to begin with, I'm actually impressed with the continuity that they're playing with now. Both teams could say that if a few plays/penalties were changed, the outcome would change... having said that, I think SH controlled most of the game. Hickman Co. hit two or three "desperation" plays that were either 3'rd and forever, or fourth and long to account for one score and change field position on a couple of drives. Their second score should have been an easy interception. Fourth and 12-15, and the QB wobbled a duck (worst pass all night) into the end zone with the receiver double covered...CB was bodied up on the WR, the safety cut in front of the ball, but tripped and the WR made a good diving catch. Looked like our CB pulled up because he thought his teammate had the catch. We had lots of big penalties... TD called back for a flag behind the play and across the field... few unsportsmanlike at crucial times (scoring position, or HC fourth down), and one pass interference that was way uncatchable from my viewpoint. Not concerned about the unsportsmanlike penalties other than self control... HC had one kid who was barking at our players and even the fans all night (until he left the game), but you have to tone that stuff out.

All in all, a good night! Great weather, good crowd, we got the W to get a playoff game, and best of all, we got to play another game!

47 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Great to "meet" Pantherpride45 and Bigpun54! 

Game was competitive throughout, and though we're finally playing as a team, still making what looks like week one mistakes. With limited practice time, no scrimmages, 2 QB's out, starting lineups changing as often as underwear due to contact tracing, and being a young team to begin with, I'm actually impressed with the continuity that they're playing with now. Both teams could say that if a few plays/penalties were changed, the outcome would change... having said that, I think SH controlled most of the game. Hickman Co. hit two or three "desperation" plays that were either 3'rd and forever, or fourth and long to account for one score and change field position on a couple of drives. Their second score should have been an easy interception. Fourth and 12-15, and the QB wobbled a duck (worst pass all night) into the end zone with the receiver double covered...CB was bodied up on the WR, the safety cut in front of the ball, but tripped and the WR made a good diving catch. Looked like our CB pulled up because he thought his teammate had the catch. We had lots of big penalties... TD called back for a flag behind the play and across the field... few unsportsmanlike at crucial times (scoring position, or HC fourth down), and one pass interference that was way uncatchable from my viewpoint. Not concerned about the unsportsmanlike penalties other than self control... HC had one kid who was barking at our players and even the fans all night (until he left the game), but you have to tone that stuff out.

All in all, a good night! Great weather, good crowd, we got the W to get a playoff game, and best of all, we got to play another game!

It was great catching up with you my friend !!!!

great game by the hill last night!!!!