Way too early region 3 aaa predictions

11 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I picked Bradley and Cleveland, but Cleveland had two key injuries that really hurt them. So I’m going with Bradley and Stone with White Co having a slight chance to beat Stone. I think Cookeville has ever little chance to beat Bradley.

Other than Williams who missed the season, was the other girl (Blair?) hurt when they lost to McMinn in the district tourney?
Losing that game alone is why I thought Cleveland would lose on the road at Cookeville.

Just now, blitzinbuc said:

Other than Williams who missed the season, was the other girl (Blair?) hurt when they lost to McMinn in the district tourney?
Losing that game alone is why I thought Cleveland would lose on the road at Cookeville.

Yes Blair. It looked like it was a close game Blair would have made a big difference. I changed my pick after hearing she was out.

11 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Blair got hurt going into the 4th quarter.  Prior to that it was back and forth. McMinn had a slight lead in the first half, and Cleveland had like an 8ish point lead in the 3rd quarter.  

I was shocked that McMinn beat Cleveland because Cleveland is way better. It must have just been one of those games.

2 minutes ago, StateChampDad said:

Heard Tony on the radio after the game, he commented that his girls may have been looking ahead to the next game and that was obviously not what he wanted.  I kinda got that impression too from what I heard during the game.  Although McMinn did play them kinda close in their first matchup.  

I’ve only watched Cleveland on video. But I watched McMinn play Meigs and Meigs took it to them. I was not impressed with McMinn at all. I believe you guys will be making another run for a state championship. Good luck 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I’ve only watched Cleveland on video. But I watched McMinn play Meigs and Meigs took it to them. I was not impressed with McMinn at all. I believe you guys will be making another run for a state championship. Good luck 

The sad part is that McMinn has some talented players, but the coaching is pitiful. I've heard the head coach is hanging it up after this season - about 10 years too late in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fredp said:

I’m new on this guys , but I love me some UC basketball so I had to join up. What are the chances for Sparta to sneak in a win tomorrow?

Honestly as good as anyone's. There are four really strong teams left in this region. Tomorrow night should be a couple of dogfights.

I have been watching a lot of film over the weekend.  This Cookeville vs Bradley game is going to be a war.   So far this season Cookeville has played straight up man with no help vs bigs.  I know Muhonen and Jones are going to like that vs undersized post players from Cookeville.  With no help there will be very few open looks from the perimeter. The more I watch the more I like Cookeville’s chances in this matchup.  Foul trouble will decide this game.   Cookeville needs some transition layups and to defend the back door cuts by BC better than we have so far this season.     I have already made my pick weeks ago but now I will put a score to it.    

Cookeville 52 Bradley 49

2 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I have been watching a lot of film over the weekend.  This Cookeville vs Bradley game is going to be a war.   So far this season Cookeville has played straight up man with no help vs bigs.  I know Muhonen and Jones are going to like that vs undersized post players from Cookeville.  With no help there will be very few open looks from the perimeter. The more I watch the more I like Cookeville’s chances in this matchup.  Foul trouble will decide this game.   Cookeville needs some transition layups and to defend the back door cuts by BC better than we have so far this season.     I have already made my pick weeks ago but now I will put a score to it.    

Cookeville 52 Bradley49

Bradley 54 Cookeville 41

Edited by nono