Week 9: Oneida @ Meigs

crow

4 minutes ago, nakedbootlegger said:

I’m sure Coalfield doesn’t have to schedule you all every year but they do anyway out of respect for a rivalry. 

You’re right. It’s a mutual decision by the two programs so don’t be so salty. When we lose to smaller than us coalfield we don’t make some huge deal about y’all being smaller or when we win we don’t act like we’re the world champions. It’s a small town schools rivalry. Good grief if Morgan county didn’t have a high school every 5 miles y’all would probably be in 4 or 5 A. It’s not like our counties are very different. Y’all just have schools everywhere. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

You’re right. It’s a mutual decision by the two programs so don’t be so salty. When we lose to smaller than us coalfield we don’t make some huge deal about y’all being smaller or when we win we don’t act like we’re the world champions. It’s a small town schools rivalry. Good grief if Morgan county didn’t have a high school every 5 miles y’all would probably be in 4 or 5 A. It’s not like our counties a very different. Y’all just have schools everywhere. 

I can agree with that. I do think if you add any school in the county with Coalfield they get a lot better with player pool and depth to choose from. 

6 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

He was already rolling right. He was not throwing it to who was open. He was throwing it to 15 all the way and not to get a first down with under 30 seconds to go. 

Truth is we should just throw to him more. Hes one of the best recievers I've seen play for Meigs in 5 years. Very talented kid. Pretty sure if it had been 3 and 2 and not 3 and 17 we would have just tried for the first down to run out the clock.

6 hours ago, crow said:

Looked like when the snap was low and pressure came he just threw it to a spot downfield. I agree I think it was a called deep ball all the way. 

It probably was, the thing is it would have been the same call probably anywhere on the field for us. It just so happened we were in scoring territory.

5 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

Spot downfield to side 15 was lined up out wide all alone and running to corner end zone. It was called all the way.

No complaint. They should get him the ball more often and earlier in the game as well as maybe not just going to him when we get a holding call and its 3rd and 17.

I think they should spread it out a little more also. Nothing against #2 and #34. I think 34 has a chance at 2A Mr. Football. 

Hes got great hands and probably has enough talent to get a scholarship next year if we promote him a little. I dont recall a better reciever in my time watching Meigs honestly.

He definitely deserves the nomination from the teams I've seen us play. Hes had great games even under stiff competition. 

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Truth is we should just throw to him more. Hes one of the best recievers I've seen play for Meigs in 5 years. Very talented kid. Pretty sure if it had been 3 and 2 and not 3 and 17 we would have just tried for the first down to run out the clock.

It probably was, the thing is it would have been the same call probably anywhere on the field for us. It just so happened we were in scoring territory.

Hes got great hands and probably has enough talent to get a scholarship next year if we promote him a little. I dont recall a better reciever in my time watching Meigs honestly.

He definitely deserves the nomination from the teams I've seen us play. Hes had great games even under stiff competition. 

15 and 34 are both fine athletes for sure. 

8 minutes ago, crow said:

15 and 34 are both fine athletes for sure. 

I talk about #34 and #2 alot as they are both good kids and I speak with their families some. #15 is one of the most skilled athletes we have being honest about it. He is a clutch reciever if the ball is in his vicinity. I dont know his family though so i dont speak on him alot.

Edited by Imthayeti

A synopsis for this game 

Myself I thought we would have a much easier time with Oneida than we did. Oneidas offense was able to sustain drives much better than I thought they would be able too. Oneidas defense was not able to slow our offense much but were still better than most defenses we have faced. Our fumble and interception really hurt any momentum we ever built up. Overall Oneida with missing starters was still able to give us a really good game and probably as much as we wanted considering. The question that looms...... How did this Oneida team lose to Rockwood?

Meigs offensively was able to drive really well. We had an interception and fumble that kept us from getting into a good rythm but overall I felt they played pretty well. Defensively I felt we struggled alot in this game compared to most games. Maybe Oneida was good enough on offense that it just seemed we had no energy out there while defending a good team.

Meigs was able to win the game and avoid an upset. Oneida has a tendency to play us well every year and this time was no different. I could see us maybe playing again in the playoffs.