Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

2 hours ago, sportsguy22 said:

Because all the answers are simply not given. It was not explained early on that region games should take precedence and it should have been. Also replacing non-region games is tricky for tiebreaking purposes in some cases. The overall record accumulates COVID wins but what if a team adds a non-region game in its natural bye week? Does it replace one of the other non-region game COVID wins and does a team get to select which one it replaces? Or will teams have records with more than 10 total games, 11 or 12 in some cases.

D. Schools that do not qualify for the play-offs may schedule an additional game, bringing the total number of games to 11. No member school shall schedule a game that conflicts with the play-off games.

E. No school will be permitted to schedule an 11th game if there is any possibility that the school may qualify for the play-offs.

Come on Mr. Research.

Edited by guthook

6 hours ago, guthook said:

D. Schools that do not qualify for the play-offs may schedule an additional game, bringing the total number of games to 11. No member school shall schedule a game that conflicts with the play-off games.

E. No school will be permitted to schedule an 11th game if there is any possibility that the school may qualify for the play-offs.

Come on Mr. Research.

What school has more than 10 games in the regular season?  None that I know of.  

13 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Those are straight off the TSSAA guidelines.  I was just answering sportsguy's unresearched hypotheticals.  But this year a school could schedule #11 even if they don't qualify for post-season.

1 hour ago, GWAVE1 said:

Summit could schedule an “11th game” next week in their bye week. That’s not a great example since the tiebreaking system won’t matter in their case. In other cases around the state it could matter. In other words, a team has some COVID wins and gets another additional game during its bye week to make up for one of the weeks they didn’t play. In that case, for tiebreaking purposes, are all 11 games counted or does the team pick which COVID win counts towards the tiebreaker and which does not, depending on the one that helps out the most? I’ve yet to find that answer anywhere.

1 minute ago, sportsguy22 said:

Summit could schedule an “11th game” next week in their bye week. That’s not a great example since the tiebreaking system won’t matter in their case. In other cases around the state it could matter. In other words, a team has some COVID wins and gets another additional game during its bye week to make up for one of the weeks they didn’t play. In that case, for tiebreaking purposes, are all 11 games counted or does the team pick which COVID win counts towards the tiebreaker and which does not, depending on the one that helps out the most? I’ve yet to find that answer anywhere.

This I can get on board with..... where is the cut and dry of this scenario??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsguy22 said:

What team will have 11 games?  Seriously I do not know.