Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

3 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I've had read the 6 pages, I'll just start with your original post.   You'll get Hillsboro in the first or second round.   I know Puckett and making it to the second round isn't his objective.   Whether you lose in the first or second he doesn't care.  You have to get thru Hillsboro either way.

Oh I agree. The point is Hillsboro’s probably the 2nd best team in that region. We may never know. So, instead of playing Gallatin and then Beech the first two rounds. It’s likely gonna be Hillsboro and then Beech, which may be tougher. Such is life in a crazy year! It’s just too bad Gallatin does not play Hillsboro or Hillwood so we all could find out for sure. It is what it is. Puckett will have his team ready for the playoffs regardless. One additional note, Hillsboro plays an offensive minded Hillwood squad this week. Could be interesting. An upset there shakes things up a good bit in that region.

44 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

I haven't read the 6 pages, I'll just start with your original post.   You'll get Hillsboro in the first or second round.   I know Puckett and making it to the second round isn't his objective.   Whether you lose in the first or second he doesn't care.  You have to get thru Hillsboro either way.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29hqwt19drp6e8oubphw

13 minutes ago, BOURBONBOWLCHAMP said:

Lot of attacking Gallatin on this thread, when all them fellas did was play all 10 games, and replaced region games with teams who are of high quality

Again, it’s not their fault. The TSSAA messed up badly! They should have mandated all region games get played even if it meant replacing some longstanding, traditional rivalries. Metro had six weeks to play five region games so there was time to make sure everybody played everybody (barring any COVID issues of course) and the TSSAA chose to take a backseat and not put this rule in place. Therefore, we’re left with Gallatin not playing Hillsboro or Hillwood, which would be key competitive region contests. Now, they are likely settling to have to play Glencliff (the worst 5A program in the state) instead.

10 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

Again, it’s not their fault. The TSSAA messed up badly! They should have mandated all region games get played even if it meant replacing some longstanding, traditional rivalries. Metro had six weeks to play five region games so there was time to make sure everybody played everybody (barring any COVID issues of course) and the TSSAA chose to take a backseat and not put this rule in place. Therefore, we’re left with Gallatin not playing Hillsboro or Hillwood, which would be key competitive region contests. Now, they are likely settling to have to play Glencliff (the worst 5A program in the state) instead.

Which was the schedule.  Glencliff in week 11. 

7 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

You are throwing blame around like metro teams didn't want to play. Metro coaches held a press conference to play. October 16th was open for Hillsboro and Gallatin. Hendersonville could've play Cane Ridge, I'm sure both of them would've been fine with it. 

Not sure how Hendersonville got dragged into this.  Blame lies in one place and that’s with Mayor Cooper.  I feel bad for your players, coaches, and your school.  No way Hville gives up a rivalry game that has been played for 56 years and carries with it a nice gate.  Good luck to your teams the remainder of the year. 

1 hour ago, BOURBONBOWLCHAMP said:

Lot of attacking Gallatin on this thread, when all them fellas did was play all 10 games, and replaced region games with teams who are of high quality

Just my 2 cents but I don't think Shelbyville is as good as they think and Sports wants the easiest path.  They obviously want no part of Hillsboro. 

11 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Just my 2 cents but I don't think Shelbyville is as good as they think and Sports wants the easiest path.  They obviously want no part of Hillsboro. 

Not scared of Hillsboro in the least. They are athletic but are not very well coached and are usually very undisciplined. Beat them 39-0 last year in the first round. I’m about fairness. It’s too bad a competitive region does not get the key games in. Again, a TSSAA issue. It’s also happening in the 6A and the 3A regions that have metro teams. It’s just disappointing. But, no, not scared of Hillsboro. Honestly, Hillsboro has the biggest beef anyway. They deserve to have a chance to play for a home game/second seed and won’t get that opportunity. These decisions hurt the kids in the end. Early in the year, I would have agreed with you. Shelbyville was not anything special. But, honestly, they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs! They can run the ball and can score a lot...very athletic! Defense will have to get more consistent. They are very well coached, though, and have improved a ton! With a new staff, a more inexperienced team, and no spring practice or preseason contact scrimmages, it just took them a while to get things rolling like it has many teams this year. I like their team a lot headed to the playoffs.